The NEW Peoria Chiefs

Blackjack76

I lived in Peoria from 2000 tp 2002 and they were going to change the name away from the Native American name. They decided not to and went with a bird (Cardinal) with a couple of extra feathers sticking off of his head--so I guess they made the Native American connection a bit weaker.

Obviously going with the dalmation was to give the impression of "Fire Chiefs" as opposed to "Indian Chiefs".

I am one of those people that does not like Native American mascots, but this logo is goofy. I think they should have just changed their name. Maybe to Bruins or somenthing that goes with cubs.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

"I am one of those people that does not like Native American mascots, but this logo is goofy.  I think they should have just changed their name.  Maybe to Bruins or somenthing that goes with Cubs."

["Fiddler On The Roof" music] Sorry, OnWis, but that name means one thing to the people in Peoria...

TRADITION....TRADITION! TRADITION!

[/"Fiddler On The Roof" Music]

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

In suburban Pekin, IL their high school was known as the "Chinks" until the mid-1980s..When they changed their name, some people wanted to keep "Chinks" for tradition.

Some tradition stinks.

(I'm not trying to get into a thing here, but I'm just sayin'...)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Is that...Impact?

Yikes.

That thing is impossibly busy. I can't even begin to count all the colors.

"Yikes" is the first thing that popped into my head too...

WAAY too busy--and confusing details...

Too much colour as well...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I agree about the colors...I don't have the new logos' Pantones yet, but here's what they've BEEN using:

Peoria Chiefs Colors (2002 through 2004):

PEORIA CHIEFS DARK BLUE

PEORIA CHIEFS LIGHT BLUE

PEORIA CHIEFS LIGHT RED

PEORIA CHIEFS DARK RED

PEORIA CHIEFS ORANGE

PEORIA CHIEFS YELLOW

PEORIA CHIEFS METALLIC GOLD

PEORIA CHIEFS BLACK

Yep...it's a mess. And, it looks like it hasn't gotten better...

Archived