"Coach Carter" movie inaccuracy

IronChefShark

I just saw the trailer to the new movie "Coach Carter", which is based on Richmond (CA) High School's basketball team.

The movie depicts the Richmond Oilers wearing a cardinal red and a sort of orange/yellow color. Richmond High's real colors are blue (sometimes navy, sometimes royal, they cant really decide) and red. I drive by that school almost every other day when Im working (and the place is a dump!).

discuss

I just saw the trailer to the new movie "Coach Carter", which is based on Richmond (CA) High School's basketball team.

The movie depicts the Richmond Oilers wearing a cardinal red and a sort of orange/yellow color. Richmond High's real colors are blue (sometimes navy, sometimes royal, they cant really decide) and red. I drive by that school almost every other day when Im working (and the place is a dump!).

discuss

Ahem..who cares?

It's a movie about basketball players having real life problems.

You won't believe the inaccuracies I could point out on the cars and uniforms in 3.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

discuss

Ahem..who cares?

You won't believe the inaccuracies I could point out on the cars and uniforms in 3.

Oh, I believe. Damn, I believe.

I had a backround from the movie, and I took it down, just because I couldn't take the inaccuracies.

Ahem..who cares?

because thats the sort of thing we talk about here, thats why

(Ive been here long enough to know what to post around here. so dont question me)

Can't you just enjoy the movie? Guess what: The "players" in the movie probably aren't real high school players either!  :rolleyes:

:shocked: Your kidding me!

I know ridiculous. ^_^

On a side note, the players in Miracle were actually hockey players, attributing to the high quality action scenes. In fact, Bill Ranford played the masked Jim Craig. Were there any uniform inaccuracies there, ICS? :hockeysmiley:

miracle had some inaccuracies as most people know around here. the two that stood out to me though were the gray looking uniforms that norway and finland wore. finlands unis even had a lot of navy blue on them, and if I remember correctly, the real unis were predominately light blue and white

The seriousness of inaccuracies in a movie directly relates to how much it distracts me from the story.

Example--

In Back to the Future, I was distracted by the fact that guitar Marty (michael J Fox played in 1955 didn't exist until 1958--and the version he played came along a few years later, and the sound he had was not possible in '55---but I ignored it as it was fiction, and a comedy--now in an historical epic--it would distract me more...

For example--say in a Beatles movie George Harrison was playing a BC Rich guitar in the Cavern!

That would distract me...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Ahem..who cares?

because thats the sort of thing we talk about here, thats why

(Ive been here long enough to know what to post around here. so dont question me)

:notworthy: And I bow to you and your ego's glory.

But! Here, is for talking about sports uniforms, not sports movie uniforms.

Can't you just enjoy the movie?

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived