Iowa Wins Capital One Bowl on Hail Mary

robbman21

I know, that was freakin wild... The wildest thing would be Tate running around the field like a wild man with his wild hair while his teammates are slapping him wildly... What a game, what an end. We're gonna see that on ESPN Classic, and it's probably gonna be one of the Top 10 games of the year on ESPN at Xmas time.

That hurts. That hurts. I though we had it in the bag (LSU fan). WHO HAD HIM??!!

The Safety supposedly. He guarded the wrong man {the inside slot receiver on the trips formation} and then #86 {?} caught it, broke a HORRIBLE tackle, got into the endzone, and in the words of Michael Jackosn, "HEEEY HEEE!"

That hurts. That hurts. I though we had it in the bag (LSU fan). WHO HAD HIM??!!

man i reallyhate that for LSU,had that not happen the SEC would've been 3-0 in today's bowl games,but at same time you gotta give Iowa a lot of credit for pulling it out

I wouldn't really call it a Hail Mary pass. Tate knew which receiver he was throwing to, the receiver knew the ball was his to catch, and it ended up working out very well.

I'd call it a ridiculously good play.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I think the play of Notre Dame, LSU, and Florida is going to have to force the NCAA to examine the issue of lame duck coaches in bowl games, the FIesta Nowl tonight should be intersting since both coaches are moving on.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think the play of Notre Dame, LSU, and Florida is going to have to force the NCAA to examine the issue of lame duck coaches in bowl games, the FIesta Nowl tonight should be intersting since both coaches are moving on.

I know Zook was not coaching Florida. I don't know what the situation was at LSU or Notre Dame.

However, you have to figure that an interim coach would try as hard as he could to impress.

I know Zook was not coaching Florida. I don't know what the situation was at LSU or Notre Dame.

However, you have to figure that an interim coach would try as hard as he could to impress.

Saban was coaching and Willingham wouldn't be as he was fired

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

I wouldn't really call it a Hail Mary pass. Tate knew which receiver he was throwing to, the receiver knew the ball was his to catch, and it ended up working out very well.

I'd call it a ridiculously good play.

That's what I thought. No one jumped for the ball and no one was anywhere near the end zone. Most of the time you would just assume the QB would wait a few seconds and then throw it into the end zone. Very smart play.

I saw, I came, I left.

Yes I know TECHNICALLY it was'nt a hail mary pass by definition,but it was still a long bomb that won the game on the final play,so in that sense it was a sort-of Hail Mary pass play,even though it was a drawn-up play and not a jump ball.Just an overall very well executed play.

98Falcons.png

Archived