MISL Pulls Plug on Pair

Mac the Knife

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) announced, following a series of MISL Management Committee conference calls on Tuesday and Wednesday, December 28-29, that the MISL Commissioner, Steve Ryan, is directed to take decisive action to reinforce the League's commitment to strong operating teams which are in compliance with League guidelines and procedures.

By a supermajority vote, the Management Committee has reluctantly accepted the decision of Mr. Raj Kalra, Managing Member of Sportswork Management, LLC, the operator of the MISL San Diego Sockers, to suspend operations of the San Diego Sockers team, and has further instructed the Commissioner to discontinue operations in Monterrey, Mexico for the remainder of this season, effective immediately.

"The Management Committee took a long and hard look at all the options relating to the San Diego Sockers and the MISL Monterrey team," said Commissioner Ryan. "It is the firm belief of the Management Committee that the strength of the League is derived from its teams which adhere to the obligations and responsibilities of an MISL member club. The core of this League is healthy and vibrant and the MISL will continue to grow again next season with the addition of the California Cougars who will play in a new, state-of-the-art arena in Stockton, and perhaps other cities that have applied and are currently under review for MISL membership."

The MISL Management Committee was recently advised by Mr. Kalra of the commitment of Sportsworks Management to satisfy in full and as quickly as possible all outstanding obligations on or before January 30, 2005. The League trusts that Mr. Kalra will honor this commitment. However, the League also reserves all rights and remedies available.

The MISL Management Committee had previously terminated the Management Agreement with Americas Entertainment Management S.A. de C.V., the operator of the MISL Monterrey Fury team, on October 22, 2004, based on noncompliance with various obligations of an MISL member club.

The Management Committee opted to reconsider several requests for reinstatement made by Americas Entertainment Management. In response to these requests for reinstatement, the MISL presented Americas Entertainment Management with a proposal, which required their timely acceptance and commitment to comply with basic terms and conditions of the other MISL Member Clubs as a pre-requisite for reinstatement in the MISL. Despite numerous attempts to ascertain a reply, Americas Entertainment failed to provide a response to the Management Committee's proposal. As a result of non-response, the Management Committee has withdrawn the proposed offer to reinstate Americas Entertainment and instructed the Commissioner to discontinue operations in Monterrey.

The remaining home matches of the San Diego Sockers and the MISL Monterrey schedules for the 2004-05 season have been cancelled. All other teams' home matches will be played as scheduled, with some minor adjustments. Early next week, the League is planning to release a revised composite League schedule.

As per MISL Policy, the League will hold a Dispersal Draft on Wednesday, January 5, 2005 at 2:00 p.m. (EST) via teleconference for players of the San Diego Sockers and the MISL Monterrey team. Results of the Dispersal Draft will be released on Thursday, January 6 to allow for teams to contact players they have selected. (source MISL)

Sad...

nav-logo.png

that blows. guess the Comets can call it a season and raise their banner already though :D

if only it'd been the Storm and Steamers who folded then the Wave could just pack it in til the playoffs B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Who's Steve Zungul playing for this time around?

I'll take Stan Stamenkovic. Although I never missed a game when the Arrows came to Baltimore. They were like the Yankees of the Indoor Game back then.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

WTF is an MISL?

Major Indoor Soccer League. It gave arenas something else to do with hockey rinks.

It's had many versions since it started in the late 70's. Folded and reformed 3 or 4 times.

I stopped following it after 1985, when I no longer played(no, not in the league. Just local).

From what I recall, the target audience is youth from 18-10, mainly soccer clubs for obvious reasons. 4-5,000 were usually great crowds.

semperfi.gif

WTF is an MISL?

Major Indoor Soccer League. It gave arenas something else to do with hockey rinks.

It's had many versions since it started in the late 70's. Folded and reformed 3 or 4 times.

I stopped following it after 1985, when I no longer played(no, not in the league. Just local).

From what I recall, the target audience is youth from 18-10, mainly soccer clubs for obvious reasons. 4-5,000 were usually great crowds.

See, the crazy thing here, is that I know what it is, but I'm pretty sure that in general, across America, no one really cares about it.

It's a humour thing. Maybe didn't come across. Hmmph. I'll work on that.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

WTF is an MISL?

See, the crazy thing here, is that I know what it is, but I'm pretty sure that in general, across America, no one really cares about it.

It's a humour thing. Maybe didn't come across. Hmmph. I'll work on that.

You see, the only reason I replied to it was exactly because most people don't know what it is. Just thought you were one of them. Sorry.

semperfi.gif

Archived