Best Coach Meltdown

robbman21

Which Coach Lost it The Best?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The best rants were when Earl Weaver would come flying out of the dugout. Kicking dirt, throwing hats, bats, bases, and just about anything he could get his hands on. Pinella has had a few good ones also.

The on the field rant tops any press conference rant. Most press conference rants are because the coach is just pissed at the ignorance of the question.

"Hey Doug Williams, how long have you been a black QB?"

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

i was thinkin today, and i remembered a coach rant at HS. this was back in 2000, we were at practice doing drills, and apparently one of the backs said something to the coach. then coach was yellin...

are you God?....are you God?  (shakes head) are you my mother?  (shakes head again)  are you my wife? (shakes head a final time)...those the only three people I answer to...

let's just say you had to be there. it was funny :D he had several rants but that was the one that sticks out in my mind the most. there was another one that our guys who let their grades slip, they got some ol-fashioned fire & brimstone. i woulda hated to be them :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think Earl Weaver had a meltdown on a post-game radio show back in the day. It was similar to the one posted about Lee Elia. I also liked seeing him get tossed when he brought out the lineup card before the second game of a double header.

Lou Piniella tossing 1st base around was good, too.

Hal McRae ripping his office apart is classic. The part I really remember is him tearing his phone off his desk and whipping it at the wall. Classic.

But Jim Mora was the funniest, no doubt. "PLAYOFFS? Who said anything about PLAYOFFS?!?"

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived