Chicago White Sox Redesign Concept

AAO

that has got to be the most hideous and disgusting uniform i have ever seen. the White Sox uniform is not only fine as it is, its already replaced enough uniforms to allow the entire league to have one. the uniform with the SOX across the chest and the batter logo on the arm was the best. but ill settle for the present one. if they change their uniform to that nasty thing up there, im afraid Chicago will have to force the Sox to leave permanently, and be forced to embrace the Cubs as the only Chicago team (who haven't changed their uniform at all practically) worth watching.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that has got to be the most hideous and disgusting uniform i have ever seen. the White Sox uniform is not only fine as it is, its already replaced enough uniforms to allow the entire league to have one. the uniform with the SOX across the chest and the batter logo on the arm was the best. but ill settle for the present one. if they change their uniform to that nasty thing up there, im afraid Chicago will have to force the Sox to leave permanently, and be forced to embrace the Cubs as the only Chicago team (who haven't changed their uniform at all practically) worth watching.

Way to give some constructive criticism. You are truly an asset to the board. Glad to see you "get" why we're all here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Way to give some constructive criticism. You are truly an asset to the board. Glad to see you "get" why we're all here.

Wow, PatRod.

You join today, dig up a thread that's been dormant for over 4 months, then with your very first post on the board, you proceed to torch one of the most talented graphic designers on these boards. AAO has a very unique style, and all of his uniforms tend to skew toward that style. Whether they appeal to you or not is a matter of individual taste. I mean, nobody's trashing you for liking the jerseys the Sox wore in the early '80s, are they?.

Maybe BBTV was too subtle. One of the best things about this board is that deisgners of various abilities, professional to novice, from all over the world can convene and better their talents in the company of people who obsess over uniforms as much as they do. Constructive criticism makes us all better. No one is proposing that the Sox - or any team - adopt AAO's style tomorrow, or ever for that matter. But it's his vision that he's chosen to express and share with people who have an eye for design. Joining this community just to blast someone accomplishes little more than revealing your own shortcomings.

Just a free bit of advice in closing from this relative newbie - if what you feel you have to say isn't going to help someone improve their skills or their designs, or if you're going to torch someone solely by projecting your own negative opinions onto their work unsubstantiated by facts or at least justifications to back up what you feel and advice for them to consider so they could make their work better, you're better off keeping it to yourself.

Heckuva first impression... :evil:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

the best thing i like here is the black alt with 'sox' for the script, tried something new with the 'flying sock' for the main focus of the logos, to imply speed i guess like the foot with the wings for track runners:

ChicagoWhiteSoxRedesign.gif

Amazing it keeps the team identy but modernizes the logo. you are amazing.

untitled-6.jpg

wow....this thread is really old...

i actually did this concept when i was still had a lot to learn about Illustrator, at the time i made this i didn't know how to use the Offset Path for outlines, i had no clue about the Pathfinder and Alignment tools, or how to Expand Appearance. i was also using stirrups on all the unis... :wacko:

Archived