Chicago White Sox Redesign Concept

AAO

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a question is each one in this thread going to have a seperate topic? Because it's getting annoying looking at main sports logo board paging and seeing 4 different MLB redesign topics. It would make it easier for people who want to view all the concepts in this project if it was in just 1 thread.

i liek it, we have been lacking of concepts lately, and i like to see new work as much as possible

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

I have a question is each one in this thread going to have a seperate topic? Because it's getting annoying looking at main sports logo board paging and seeing 4 different MLB redesign topics. It would make it easier for people who want to view all the concepts in this project if it was in just 1 thread.

i liek it, we have been lacking of concepts lately, and i like to see new work as much as possible

i second that

Howard1.jpg

I have a question is each one in this thread going to have a seperate topic?

yup. not like i put it out at the same time so how would i make it one thread.

you can make a MLB redesign thread and put all ur finished concepts in it, and then reply with all the new ones as they come ^_^

makes sense

I like each concept having its own thread. Then people can comment on the one concept without having to "quote" the image they are referring to.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

you can make a MLB redesign thread and put all ur finished concepts in it, and then reply with all the new ones as they come 

makes sense

i was thinking that, but there will be periods of time, maybe a month or so, that i wont do any concepts, and itll fall back a bunch of pages so i and everyone who wants to say something will have to search back to find it.

They're not bad. There's definitely a "sameness" going on with your MLB redesigns, maybe it's due to you spitting them out at such a fast rate.

A couple things that bug me...the White Sox name should be two words, you have it one word across. And the perspective is different from the wordmark on the logo to the home jersey script. Shouldn't the perspective be the same for both? It doesn't make much sense to have the angle flopped, especially since there's no perspective treatment in any other wordmark or jersey script.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

c'mon now, i'm tryin :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think that you are doing a great job making these teams' identities more modern. Real nice work.

But one thing I worry about is the similarity in each of these concecpts. It seems like you use the same design on the baseball on every concept, and a lot of the wordmarks are similar in the way they are warped, and your single letter logos all look very similar. I think they look good individually, but altogether maybe they are a bit too similar for my liking. Perhaps it's just that you have a certain style and so naturally the logos and identities will look similar. I just am not sure if I would like a sports league where every identity looked so similar.

Not trying to knock your work, you are one of the best I've seen here, definitely...maybe just something to think about as far as trying different styles for each team to expand it a bit

take that for what it is worth 

i know exactly what you mean. And that is because all designers have a certain style. i wouldnt like an entire league done by one designer either. The single letter logos really don't look alike at all. But the baseball's...they are the same ones all the way through, just rotated and with different shading marks in different concepts, except the Braves' one has a totally different baseball. The only wordmarks that are truly similar are the White Sox and The Orioles'. Thanks a lot though, I see where you're coming from.

Glad you didn't take offense to the comments. I think you are doing a great job.

By the way, I wish I had Illustrator and could do as many concepts as you are doing now when I was your age (I am 25 now, not like that's old or anything :)...You should be grateful that you can get all these ideas you have out there right now...I didn't touch Illustrator until college and it's by far my favorite thing to do, design in Illustrator. I always liked designing logos and concepts when I was younger but never did anything more than colored pencil or marker drawings...kinda makes me want to go back and look at old designs and get them in the computer.

I plan on having my first few new concepts up soon I think, by the way :)

ben oh my god your site is awesome. thats perfect. thats where i wanna be in a few years....asap actually. i wish i knew as many programs as you did in your resume. im only fond of illustrator, photoshop, and flash. your 25 you said? simply amazing. and i am really grateful. you and nitroseed are by far my favorite designers now.

Thanks, man. that was quite an experience this summer working for Rickabaugh. Eric gave me a week to come up with two pencil designs and mail them iin. I was on vacation in Boston at the time, so the one you see on my website I actually drew on the airplane! Like I said, they didn't choose it, but I liked it so much I colorized it and did secondaries, etc.

I usually try to do custom fonts for all the logos I do, or at least tweaking or customizing existing logos.

I actually did some uniform sets this summer, and I like the football ones so much that I sent it in to get me a custom jersey. It turned out alright...they made the from numbers too big and there was some color inconsistancies, but I liked it. I didn't post the unifroms because, 1, I didn't know how and 2, I couldn't be too creative about the design because I wasn't sure how much the jersey manufacturer could do (i went to the same place as the c0ck pilots jersey was made, if you remember that post).

Maybe I will do some more unifroms for them later on...

by the way, aao, sorry for the small hijack :)

ben oh my god your site is awesome. thats perfect. thats where i wanna be in a few years....asap actually. i wish i knew as many programs as you did in your resume. im only fond of illustrator, photoshop, and flash. your 25 you said? simply amazing. and i am really grateful. you and nitroseed are by far my favorite designers now.

hey thanks man, that's very flattering. I hope I can get eventually get a full-time job doing this stuff, not just freelance...I love it!

I thnk you will have no problem getting your stuff out there...you definitely have the skills!

I <b>go</b> to FAU (today was the first day of the Spring semester) and there are BRAND NEW posters all over the place.

But I *love* your concept.

Hey that's awesome...I talked to Rickabaugh a while back and he said they were going to release the official logo soon...but I haven't heard anything yet. i am very anxious to see what they chose...what do the posters say? (btw, ever since this job redesigning FAU, I have been following their basketball and football scores...kind of my new adopted team!)

Archived