Cubs go nameless at home

fiskerdu

No names on home uniforms?  Amen to that, brother!

:notworthy:

I agree 110% with Mr. Amare. Love the fact that some teams are doing it. Just wish the Mets would follow suit just like they did in 1999...oh and remove black from their uni's too. BLUE AND ORANGE ONLY!!!

Heres a look - Home:

pict12.jpg

Alternate:

t1_ventura_ap.jpg

Road: Cant find any pic.

IIRC they did that in celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the '69 Mets WS championship i assume

another example of how baseball is a century out of date.

i hate nameless jerseys, especially when i know maybe a hand full of significant players ie bonds, mcguire, sosa etc at best.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

another example of how baseball is a century out of date.

i hate nameless jerseys, especially when i know maybe a hand full of significant players ie bonds, mcguire, sosa etc at best.

that silly game baseball still going on?  i didn't even know the playoffs even started, nevermind whoever is in them.

Magus: Celebrating Ignorance Since June 2004.

go figure, the last Cubs concept i made was nameless on the home. Now they're going nameless for real. all I think I can say is I wish they weren't gonna have two alts that are exactly teh same aside from one detail. Bad enough the Mets and Astros make everybody put up with that crap.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Plus, without names on the back, my over-served neighbors in the upper deck will see my Dawson 8 jersey and think it's for Michael Barrett.

Looks like the names are off the blue alternates also, but might be on when they wear the blue on the road.

Arlington Heights Daily Herald 1/18/05

they're gonna now have two alts: the design stays teh same, only the version with teh name on the back will be worn only on the road now. to throw Z a bone, there will be blue jerseys with no names on the back, just a number.

The rotation and preferred uniform

Wood h-white, a-blue

Prior h-white a-gray

Maddux h-white a-gray

Zambrano h/a-blue

Fifth starter: probably Rusch (h-blue a-either blue or gray), but it could be Mitre, or someone else entirely. who knows?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived