Texas tech and tennessee indoor football

Discrim

because you're as lazy as i am, here:the links(copy and paste)

Texas Tech

Uniform

Field

Tennessee

Uniform

Field

i did the texas tech jersey set with the cape worn by the red raider mascot as inspiration, then thought(always dangerous),"hey, i got a few field templates saved...let's do arena!" so what you will see are uniforms and arena fields for Texas Tech and Tennessee. expect my usual stuff here, a stab at something new while perilously clinging to the team's tradition somewhat.

btw the other color on UT's jerseys is not silver, it's supposed to be the light blue that's the school's other official color, and i wanted to test that out.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

There were very very creative.  I like texas tech's a lot.  While I love the way their current uni's look, having a red alternate with a blak cape or vise versa would be a great alternate to weat for maybe a third of their home games.  I see how for Tenn. you were trying to mimick their traditional field design, but in the end it looks too much like an umbro soccer jersey.  I actually really like Tenn. current uni's.  Also, what is that greenish/silverish/grayish coloro for the tenn trim?  I know the lady vol's use it, but it is possibly the worst color to ever add the orange.  Silver and orange are really only good when a darker color is involved. (Philli FLyers Alts) but even then can be ugly (isles fish stick jerseys- loose the gray keep the teal get a new logo/design those r sick jerseys)
signature.gif

I do wish you'd post direct links to your uniforms, Discrim. Is it for the sake of your hit counts? Or are we just extremely "energy-efficient"?  :;):

Anyway, from what I've come to expect from you, they aren't so bad. One question though... what's with the helmet template? (I think I asked this before, but never got a clear answer.) I'm assuming the Vols jersey would hypothetically alternate between more reflective material and less reflective material? Very interesting concept, although it'd be very impractical to make (how much stitching would be required?). The Raiders is different, and might be cool to see what it would look like in real life.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I do wish you'd post direct links to your uniforms, Discrim. Is it for the sake of your hit counts? Or are we just extremely "energy-efficient"? :;):

Anyway, from what I've come to expect from you, they aren't so bad. One question though... what's with the helmet template? (I think I asked this before, but never got a clear answer.) I'm assuming the Vols jersey would hypothetically alternate between more reflective material and less reflective material? Very interesting concept, although it'd be very impractical to make (how much stitching would be required?). The Raiders is different, and might be cool to see what it would look like in real life.

naw, i'm just lazy. :D

my field link goes to the jerseys? i'll have to fix that.

and the helmet template, it came that way on RC's temp and i haven't really felt the need to use a different one(despite the fact that it looks funny)

oh yeah, the checkerboard...you'd assume right.  it's been done before (the stripes on the 95-99 pats jerseys) so i see no reason it couldn't be done again :)

2016cubscreamsig.png

I really like the TT unis discrim.

I generally dont have much to say about your designs, but i applaud the originalilty..blah blah.

But i actually think your on to something really cool with the cape.

the vols...err nah. :D

I think it would be awesome for someday college teams would adopt Arena Football, that way the AFL could have a real college draft.

I agree with you 100% on this point.  Given the number of very small markets that are now in the minor league arenaball game, it seems to me that arena football would be a relatively inexpensive sport for universities with arenas that have at least 200x85 floors.  You're talking about only 1/5 the number of roster players as a Division IA team (thus a drastically reduced cost for uniforms and pads) and there are no groundskeeping costs or cavernous stadiums to maintain.

These practicalities get blasted to subatomic bits however when we talk about the reality of collegiate sports in the Title IX era.  Many schools have already reduced the number of men's sports because of federal gender-equity requirements.  In other words, athletic departments must offer a comparable number of scholarships to women athletes as men.  Therefore, unless Brynn Mawr, Smith, Wheaton and Stephens Colleges are willing and able to field teams, it's doubtful we'll see NCAA Arena Football any time soon.

Of course, if college football teams were willing to reduce their rosters to NFL-size limits, then so many of these other programs wouldn't have to die off.  Some teams have OVER 100 PLAYERS! </peeve>

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Of course, if college football teams were willing to reduce their rosters to NFL-size limits, then so many of these other programs wouldn't have to die off. Some teams have OVER 100 PLAYERS!

i agree, you don't need 100 guys on a football team.  that's another topic for another board, but what the hey.  i figure if that happened, even vanderbilt would have a shot at the sec title...or not

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived