Mr. 3000

LMU

I watched Major League 3 the other day, and I noticed once again how fake the entire movie is. I mean, with the technology we have today, it's still completely obvious that the ball, and even the players, have been digitally added into the movie.

The best example (everyone get out your slow-motion button... that is if anyone actually owns the movie) is when Ted McGinley (the Twins manager), throws the baseball at the wall of the dugout, and it bounces back, hits him in the head, and he is knocked out.

First, he is rubbing up the baseball, and it's obviously real. His bench coach (?) makes a comment, and McGinley turns to him and tells him to shut up. McGinley then turns to throw the ball, momentarily putting the ball behind his leg. In slow-mo, you can see him actually drop the ball, and it rolls away behind him. Now, the "ball" he throws against the wall is just a digital addition to the picture.

Now, I'm not advocating Ted McGinley should of really hit himself over the head with a baseball (well, actually...), but at least the film crew could of come up with another way of doing this that did not involve the real ball IN SHOT rolling away.

Yeah, I was a video production major in college... SO WHAT? ;-)

I wont even mention the shot of Taka Tanaka fielding the ball in the Metrodome outfield that looked like it was done with a Radio Shack video switcher.

hey, i liked that movie...even with that annoying helmet-hair ***wipe :D

let's see...my centerfielder's thinking of retiring to become a male model, my SS and 2B haven't turned a DP in a month because one has a bigger shoe deal than the other and Carlos Liston is in a lovefest....with himself....gotta love this team :wacko: say, Carlos, whaddaya mean you've become a religion?

"IT MEANS......people THINK....of Carlos Liston!!!"

*runs as Carlos chases me with bat*

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guess what.

Its a f'ing movie.

No kidding! If you're paying this much attention to a movie and it's time to get a life! :D

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Guess what.

Its a f'ing movie.

No kidding! If you're paying this much attention to a movie and it's time to get a life! :D

Oh bs don't set yourself up bro!

What? I'd love to hear the comments your brewing up in your head.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived