Mr. 3000

LMU

There is a Drew Barrymore movie coming out sometime -- we had to close sections of SkyDome so they could film scenes during the game, look for it when it comes out.

Yeah, I believe it's about a couple who fall in love and are die-hard Red Sox fans. I heard they changed the ending after the Sox won the World Series, and saw an interview with Jimmy Fallon (Barrymore's co-star and real-life BoSox fan) on the field right after the big celebration. B)

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were making out in centerfield for the movie. Way to ruin a moment 86 years in the making Jimmy Fallon.

I bet he was giggling through the whole thing. Have you ever seen him do a skit where he isn't laughing through most of it??

They were making out in centerfield for the movie. Way to ruin a moment 86 years in the making Jimmy Fallon.

I bet he was giggling through the whole thing. Have you ever seen him do a skit where he isn't laughing through most of it??

Actually, no. Between him and Horatio Sanz, they also cracked up during the skit.

There is a Drew Barrymore movie coming out sometime -- we had to close sections of SkyDome so they could film scenes during the game, look for it when it comes out.

Yeah, I believe it's about a couple who fall in love and are die-hard Red Sox fans. I heard they changed the ending after the Sox won the World Series, and saw an interview with Jimmy Fallon (Barrymore's co-star and real-life BoSox fan) on the field right after the big celebration. B)

The movie is titled, "Fever Pitch" and basically is an American/baseball version of a British movie of the same title. The British version involves Arsenal and the screenplay is based on the autobiography of Nick Hornby.

The Fan was pretty cool movie. Wesley Snipes as Barry Bonds.

It was believeable too! Robert DeNiro somehow is the umpire at the end, with the knife. Oh man.

Seriously though, I did like it even though it wasn't very realistic. That's why they call it a MOVIE right?

The Fan was pretty cool movie.  Wesley Snipes as Barry Bonds. 

It was believeable too!  Robert DeNiro somehow is the umpire at the end, with the knife.  Oh man.

Seriously though, I did like it even though it wasn't very realistic.  That's why they call it a MOVIE right?

John Kruk was murdered on the field while playing for the Giants -- now that's realistic! :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

It was believeable too!  Robert DeNiro somehow is the umpire at the end, with the knife.  Oh man.

Seriously though, I did like it even though it wasn't very realistic.  That's why they call it a MOVIE right?

John Kruk was murdered on the field while playing for the Giants -- now that's realistic! :)

oh man! I forgot about that!

Then you really don't want to know about the original ending of the movie - let's just say that it involved Drew, Johnny Damon and a bunch of security guards making like the end of an episode of "The Benny Hill Show".

I know this because I was at the game they filmed the ending. They originally had a stand-in for Damon, but after some prodding from the other Red Sox players he decided to film the scene himself.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

this isnt the first time this has happened here. someone going off on an "Its just a movie" rant because we evalutate the use of sports logos and uniforms in sport-related movies

to those people I say GO FLUFF YOURSELVES because we talk about sports logos and uniforms here, whether it has to do with real world sports or sports set in fictional settings such as movies.

carry on. thank you, drive thru

this isnt the first time this has happened here. someone going off on an "Its just a movie" rant because we evalutate the use of sports logos and uniforms in sport-related movies

to those people I say GO FLUFF YOURSELVES because we talk about sports logos and uniforms here, whether it has to do with real world sports or sports set in fictional settings such as movies.

carry on. thank you, drive thru

like someone said, county stadium isnt there anymore. also so what if the unis were off a bit, big deal. they could have done a fictional team. and believe it or not miller park has sold out before

Well it was realistic enough taht BOnds wanted to sue if I recall.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Is that the one about the Red Sox fan who never got to see a World Series win?

And then they won and had to rewrite the ending?

And now the celebration on Busch :cry: may be used in the movie?

Still though, when it's all said and done, Major League 1 and 2 were ace!

Who's with me on this?!

Yeah!

Anyone?

No?

They were. One I used to watch the day of every game. Two was less strong, but still good. Three, was ok in a gimicky sense. I'll watch it if its on TV and nothing else is but i won't go buy it.

I watched Major League 3 the other day, and I noticed once again how fake the entire movie is. I mean, with the technology we have today, it's still completely obvious that the ball, and even the players, have been digitally added into the movie.

The best example (everyone get out your slow-motion button... that is if anyone actually owns the movie) is when Ted McGinley (the Twins manager), throws the baseball at the wall of the dugout, and it bounces back, hits him in the head, and he is knocked out.

First, he is rubbing up the baseball, and it's obviously real. His bench coach (?) makes a comment, and McGinley turns to him and tells him to shut up. McGinley then turns to throw the ball, momentarily putting the ball behind his leg. In slow-mo, you can see him actually drop the ball, and it rolls away behind him. Now, the "ball" he throws against the wall is just a digital addition to the picture.

Now, I'm not advocating Ted McGinley should of really hit himself over the head with a baseball (well, actually...), but at least the film crew could of come up with another way of doing this that did not involve the real ball IN SHOT rolling away.

Yeah, I was a video production major in college... SO WHAT? ;-)

I wont even mention the shot of Taka Tanaka fielding the ball in the Metrodome outfield that looked like it was done with a Radio Shack video switcher.

Archived