Montreal is now sports ghost town

NoHoJoe

You mean in Montreal right?

Seattle has long been one of the premier teams of the A-League and yet only draw 4,000 a game.

Yes... We are used to having good sports teams, especially in hockey. Still, the Canadiens missed the playoffs but they still have one of the highest attendance average in the league (if not the best). But I guess hockey is the one exception here.

The Alouettes play in front of a closed out audience, and the owners are trying to get more seats into the Moslon Stadium. Result? Sold out! They also sold out twice in the Olympic Stadium in less than a month last fall.

Baseball is quite different. We had IMO the best MLB team in 1994, and then the owners just traded everyone. After that, owner change and everything else left us bitter against the MLB. I'm not blaimng anyone, but if every year they said the Mariners will move and they then "extend" the agony to another year, you might see this the way we did. Bull$hit... ;)

Soccer has been successful over the past ten years, and the attendance is going up every year. I guess it depends on which sports the viewers like and identify to.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Stadium-Seating-Chart-small.gif

Holy crap! Send this to Montreal and we'll fill it ;)

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Phoenix will trade you the Cardinals for your rockin' music scene.

I'd rather have the Gin Blossoms than give up NFL Football :P

1. The Gin Blossoms are sooooo 1992. And they sucked anyway.

2. The Cardinals are "NFL football" only in the most technical sense.

3. PHX needs to raise its standards. That MTL music scene is smokin'.

yeah I know, being exaggerative when I said it, JEW(Jimmy Eat World) is the band right now anyway's lol, but still I would still have NFL football even if it is the Cardinals, than a kickass music scene. Besides Tempe is our area for music

yeah I know, being exaggerative when I said it, JEW(Jimmy Eat World) is the band right now anyway's lol, but still I would still have NFL football even if it is the Cardinals, than a kickass music scene. Besides Tempe is our area for music

There are some cool Arizona bands bumping around. Calexico has graduated to a larger audience. I like some smaller bands like Rum Tenor and Peachcake. The Drunken Immortals have toured sufficiently to be considered a regional hip-hop force.

But asking Tempe to carry the torch for Arizona music is tough. There just aren't enough quality venues. War Downtown Phoenix revitalization!

Yeah, there are some good artists from the area. Sam Roberts, Projet Orange, The Stills are pretty good. Simple Plan on the other hand sucks (IMO)

I saw, I came, I left.

god I hate simple plan. mainly, because my cousin LOOOOOVES them bastards :cursing: also, as mentioned, because they suck. around ashlee simpson on the weak scale.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived