New from the lab?

toxicsoul

quantam?

i am sort of obligated to those colors (crimson and gray), it is the prep school of the university mentioned previously in this post that i attended almost 15 years ago. i ran into the athletic director at a function right before thanksgiving and we talked and i said that i would put some stuff together as a gift for the school if they would want to use it.

it was also an exercise for myself just to keep my skills sharp, advertising does not always afford me the chance to do logos on a regular basis.

here is the type treatment for the wordmark, it is a modified version of the font megahertz for "hawks" and the standard, straight out the box version for the "saint joseph's prep"

soeschger_hawk4.gif

here it is with the logo above

soeschger_hawk5.gif

and finally an alternate mark "sjp with cross" that is an update of a mark that they still use with the modified version of megahertz

soeschger_hawk6.gif

So, this prep school is affiliated with the Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia? I definitely would see a connection, seeing how they share colors and mascot.

Something about the hawk head bothers me. I like the process you've used to get your idea, but between the pushed in beak and the raccoon-like band around the eyes, something about it seems to overwhelm the overall look. I wish I could explain it better.

The futuristic lettering is a nice idea, and it definitely flows with the logo. I don't like the serifs between the letters in "Hawks" though. Tying the letters together is not a bad thing, but in this case, the dark triangles seem to make the lettering a bit top-heavy. Not much, though. It's probably just me anyway.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think the beak is pushed in a little too far, but it's a great logo.

The beak is fine... it's the outline that exaggerates/lengthens the look of the hook.

Otherwise, dang. Looks sweet. Well done toxic.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

you....you fluffing rocks,  these are some amazingly good pieces of work

My fellow CCB members have conveyed my feelings. Very nice work, I like the entire package. The SJP is well done, cross included. Having attended Catholic schools, the cross was always in there - you have your self a very nice identity package. Very professional looking.

FYI-Birds of prey have hooked beaks. Cardinals, Orioles, Larks, Swallows, etc. note the short-pointed or straight beak. Designed for gripping, seed breaking and eating. The Herron's long beak allows it's to catch fish and reach below it's long legs. For further info on birds, please seek your local search engine. (no I'm not a biologist - just did well in science & zoology classes). B)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I like it. The redering is fine. But, while I know hawks have curved beaks, I do think it hooks in too far and too soon in the curve. I think it'll be better if you make it less dramatic.

Great job on the SJP and the wordmark.

Archived