Sneaky Sneaky, You gotta Peeky!

Mings

Here ya go. Its a sneak peak for my team the Indianapolis Destroyers. I picked the name due to the USS Indianapolis, of which the memorial is located here in Indy. I went with 3 shades of silver/grey and blue for a navy theme so to speak. Right now its basically a wordmark, but I figured I would post to show the direction I plan on going in, and basically to stop workin on it for the night (the step back look later thing). So what do ya think?

sneak_peek.png

C&C and Ideas for the rest of the logo are more than welcome! Thanks guys and gals.

My problem is with the serifs. I think the bevel would look better if you either ditched the serifs, or kept them but changed the bevel style so that the serifs aren't beveled in (if that makes sense.) I think that would get rid of the triangles that people are seeing (and which were the first thing that jumped out at me when I looked at it.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

yeah on the serifs i believe the problem just might be the color of grey i chose for them. im gonna change that. also my s at the end looks off, im gonna fix that too. and vic dont drool too much save that for a stripper. yeah on indianapolis, im gonna move it. it was an idea that didnt work ou. it could if I made the tail much larger but I dont think I want to do that.

There's no problem with the bevels on the serifs, Josh, except that you've colored them the same, with no regard to their orientation. They should be colored the same as other surfaces facing in the same direction if you want the lighting to look consistent.

There's no problem with the bevels on the serifs, Josh, except that you've colored them the same, with no regard to their orientation. They should be colored the same as other surfaces facing in the same direction if you want the lighting to look consistent.

talkin about the ends right? if so that might take care of the triangle problem. thanks man.

Archived