Wizard Cup Guernseys!

Alphabet Man

Last week in the AFL Wizard Cup (the Pre-Season knock-out tournamnet) two teams unveiled new guernseys. Usually (from about the mid-90's) teams tend to come up with a new design for the Wizard Home Loans Cup (aka Wizard Cup, Wiz Cup, Wizz Fizz Cup, Wizard Wok and many others). Two teams had new guernseys designs as rmered will show us here:

Kangaroos

Richmond

And if you want to see some guernseys that have been worn over the years click here.

Some have also been worn in the home and away season and are here.

Thank-you Rmered!

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Whoa. That's neat.

You know what? Had I been involved earlier, I would've been all about being in the WAFL. I don't know much about the individual players, I know more of what teams are traditionally capable of. I might want to put in an expansion bid next year if I remember. ^_^

philly.png

great thread aussie

hey aussie what do think of the new graphics that Channel 10 and Fox Footy have? I personally think that Fox Footy didn't need to change it from last years, they are trying to copy America with the bar at the bottom of the screen, i dont like it. Channel 10's is also bad IMO, the new style just isn't to my liking.

yeah you wont see any Aussie Rules Footy on TV either! Fox Sports world dropped its coverage and changed to Fox Soccer....but if you can getr sattellite, try get Fox Footy Channel from Oz....

Kareem, i haven't actually noticed the graphics, i saw the Richmond- Filth (Collingwood) match, Channel 9 didn't change, i saw a replay on Fox Footy of the Saints-Hawks match which was on Channel 10 (well i saw about the last five mins) i think it is a bit too clutterred..... Fox Footy are going to the bar across the bottom? i didn't see any Fox Footy matches, but by the sounds of it it reminds me of the NBL on FOX how they have a bar across the bottom

Big Brain, i'll add you to the waiting list, there are a few people on it...

Yeah Fox Footy are going with the new bar look, that is their only change I believe.

Ten have practically got a whole new look, they have still kept that same blue colour which they had before. But you are right it is too cluttered with the logos on the right and the score on the far left (which is just stupid).

I like what Channel 9 do, they just keep the same look and its better to watch.

Fox just doesn't know how to cover sports. It doesn't matter what country they're in. They just don't have a flippin' clue.

haha true that, but over here ESPN is worse, they have the World Series of Poker, World Championship Arm-Wrestling and Polo (you know the old English game where they sit on horses and hit a ball with a stick) all in there current program schudle

aussie, do you mean the channel 7 AFL graphics from 1999? They were awesome, 98 was OK too. Channel 7 had the best coverage of AFL, Fox Footy and Ten just dont know how to broadcast AFL.

10 & Fox used to share the graphics until last year, they both used the same

aussie, do you mean the channel 7 AFL graphics from 1999? They were awesome, 98 was OK too. Channel 7 had the best coverage of AFL, Fox Footy and Ten just dont know how to broadcast AFL.

10 & Fox used to share the graphics until last year, they both used the same

yeah good point aussie, I think they did that in 2002 and 2003. The new graphics both of them have are terrible.

Richmond's were hideous. I heard something about a sponsor being behind that, but that shoudn't be an excuse for wearing something like that! I also saw a picture of their 2005 guernseys. They now have a black outline around the numbers. I like the fact that Carlton's OPTUS logo is in the front and I like Freo's white guernsey.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived