Nj devils retro 3rd concept

jkrdevil

JkrDevil -

Ouch, forgot my sunglasses.  Talk about bright. On my computer it look like lime green.  I think the green is somewhere between kelly green & forest green.

But I like the concept and layout - simple like their Home & Away.  Good job.

KC Scouts 1976-Colorado Rockies 1983-NJ Devils=3 LS Cups

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

:) That's it!  Looks greattttttttttttttt - now if we can just ge this over to Lou's (Devils GM) office before the start of the 2003-04 season.

By the way Merry X-mas to you too.

Which illustrator program are you using?  I need to get one.

I am going to Best Buy in about 10 minutes.

Great job on the Jersey - NJD=3 Lord Stanley Cups

:laugh:

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Hey KC, if you just want to do jersey concepts, I'd either stay in Paint or buy Photoshop. But if you want to make logos, etc...I'd get Illustrator. You can do jersey concepts in Paint, but for logos and higher resolution and quality logos, again, you'd need Illustrator. If you're not planning on making logos, I definitely wouldn't waste $400 on Illustrator...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Good point - now that the experts have spoken.

First, my wife isn't gonna let me spend $400 and I would like to create logos.  I like what Nitro and PhiSy are doing (as well as the rest of you all) and I want to get into logos.  StLFan suggested the $200 version (with student ID-I am a graduate student so I'll be able to afford that on my teacher's salary).

Secondly, I am very interested in doing jersey concepts and I have Paint (microsoft XP version)  I was hoping to get to use texture (mesh) on the jerseys - I guess just working with the program more will give me some idea.

Thanks for your help!

It's SyPhi, but don't worry about it. :;):

The educational discount is great... I got the Adobe Design Collection (Photoshop, Illustrator) as a gift (my parents... can't thank them enough), but it was more than half price with the discount.

I figure if I might go into graphics, it might be an investment that will serve me well for some time, and to get it as a gift was amazing.

Paint will do the job for most jersey concepts, although getting high quality out of it must be learned through time-consuming experience. Good luck, though. As with anything, if you apply yourself, you can be successful at anything.

...and in response to the original purpose of this thread: I'm not a huge fan of the colour combo, but there's some pretty good production work here, I applaud you for that.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

SyPhi -

Thanks for the info.   I appreciate everyone here, it's like family!  You guys are the best.

This old dawg is gonna learn a new trick.

The green is too dark, and therefore too difficult to differentiate from the black. I realize you're working off a laptop, so colours for you might be difficult to ascertain. For this reason, I'd recommend the SSUR's Team Colour guides as a tool for comparing colours that you use to what is in use today. I know it's in Acrobat files, but there's ways to get colour IDs off of there.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived