2006 AHL All-Star Logos Unveiled

Sterling84

Winnipeg -- Canada?? Why not Winnipeg -- Manitoba or MTS Centre -- Winnipeg??

Otherwise it's great.

I design whats requested of me.

Can't fault you there, but personally I hate hearing "Winnipeg, Canada".

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Proud resident of all three.

well one out of the three aint bad... :flagcanada::P

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Sterling... I gotta say this... that 2006 AHL All-Star logos are the best I ever saw!!!! Nice job, man... love it.. is there a way that can be made to be 500x500 somehow?? both logos would be shown nicely as desktop wallpaper eh? like 1024x786 resolution?

Otherwise it's great.

My initial concepts all had different, more familiar wording like you described.

I think it's a cultural difference. Sort of a regional-centric American issue. If I said an event was being held in Milwaukee, USA, we'd think that sounds stupid. Because we think our states are as well known? Because USA is a given? I dunno.

But if I were to say an event took place in Frankfurt, Germany.....that would sound appropriate yeah? Well, Winnipeg, Canada is no different.

They wanted to emphasize Canada. They're really proud to be hosting this both from a Winnipeg perspective and from a Canadien one.

Yeah, I guess that does make sense.

Otherwise it's great.

Can't fault you there, but personally I hate hearing "Winnipeg, Canada".

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Proud resident of all three.

I hate that too, I wish there was more emphasis on using provinces like how we do in the states. I remember when I was younger and used to do the yahoo chat thing, you would ask someone where they were from, and if they were from Canada, it was always, "i'm from Canada" well that narrows it down. "Oh, Toronto, Canada." Hmm, didnt realize that was a Provonce.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Yeah.....obviously. It's super cool.

I knew they were doing a big version. But I thought it would be a press conference reveal deal.

Didn't know I'd be in the rafters.

Thats just wow.

I wish I could show you guys the "along the way" ideas we worked on for so long. But somehow having variations or outright different ideas seen publicly seems wrong. At least at this juncture.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived