Notre dame back to champion

Conns09

Seeing as how Champion doesn't even outfit any D I-A schools, I couldn't imagine this being anything more than an unfounded rumor. It's almost all Nike and adidas now, except for a few notable exceptions (Reebok with Boston College and Hawaii, Russell with Auburn, Georgia Tech and South Carolina).

ducks-large.jpg

I heard Notre Dame is going back to Champion. Do u think they should?

Considering they still have 2 years left on their Adidas contract, it wouldn't be soon if they went back to Champion.

Notre Dame is NOT changing back to Champion. There have two years left on their deal with adidas and are currently in negogiations to extend that for five more years.

Reebok's partnership with Boston College will end after this school year. I believe I heard they have signed a full-school deal with adidas that will cover all of their varsity teams, just like at Notre Dame, Tennessee and Nebraska.

I heard from a buddy in the Auburn Sports Info Department that Nike was going to outfit AU starting next year because of a falling out between the AD and their contact at Russell, who used to be a huge donor. That one hasn't been settled yet, but Nike has agreed to step in if the partnership with Russell ends and already has football jerseys and pants ready to ship.

I believe I heard they have signed a full-school deal with adidas that will cover all of their varsity teams, just like at Notre Dame, Tennessee and Nebraska.

Don't forget Kansas. Kansas signed an all-university deal with adidas that will start next school year. (I posted this on the temp board but figured I just get it here too if someone missed it.)

I didn't forget them, I was just giving examples of adidas's "premier" teams as they call them. They include Tennessee, Notre Dame, UCLA, Arizona State, Northwestern, Nebraska, Arkansas and Wisconsin. Kansas, Boston College and one other team, yet to be oficially named, will join the group next year.

Notre Dame is NOT changing back to Champion. There have two years left on their deal with adidas and are currently in negogiations to extend that for five more years.

Reebok's partnership with Boston College will end after this school year. I believe I heard they have signed a full-school deal with adidas that will cover all of their varsity teams, just like at Notre Dame, Tennessee and Nebraska.

I heard from a buddy in the Auburn Sports Info Department that Nike was going to outfit AU starting next year because of a falling out between the AD and their contact at Russell, who used to be a huge donor. That one hasn't been settled yet, but Nike has agreed to step in if the partnership with Russell ends and already has football jerseys and pants ready to ship.

That's a shame about BC. I'm not a real big fan of Reebok, but their BC stuff now is fantastic. I really like Adidas when it comes to a lot of their stuff but the look and quality of their college stuff is subpar with the rest of college sports.

Forgot about Arizona State, they did indeed go back to Nike last year.

Louisville became an all-adidas school last year, before that they were with them in football and mens bball only.

I can tell you first-hand that adidas' collegiate stuff is not inferior to Nike quality-wise.

That's a shame about BC. I'm not a real big fan of Reebok, but their BC stuff now is fantastic. I really like Adidas when it comes to a lot of their stuff but the look and quality of their college stuff is subpar with the rest of college sports.

Are the BC logos and wordmarks a Reebok design? I hope not, because their uniforms look great on every field/court. Great continuity and design in general. I hope the only change to them is the logo on the shoulder.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

BC wears Reebok in almost every sport but hockey and soccer. BC wears Nike for hockey, and I think adidas for soccer. The font is consistent for all teams, but the hockey team uses Compacta for the crest.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Forgot about Arizona State, they did indeed go back to Nike last year.

Nike is teaming with the Maricopa County Sheriff's department to design the new ASU uniforms. Home uniforms will feature black-and-white horizontal stripes. Road unis to be solid neon orange. Images to follow.

Archived