Usfl 2004

Moser316

ArizonaHome.gifArizonaAway.gif

Out of sheer boredom, I decided to try my hands at designing a football uniform today.  I'm thinking about bringing back the USFL for Madden this year (sort of like SyPhi's fantasy CFL concept), only with updated uniform styles and logos (where necessary).  First team attempted:  the Arizona Wranglers.  This team had a great color scheme and logo to begin with, so I decided to keep that.  Some of the main changes were:  flecked metallic gold on the helmets and away pants, flame pattern on home/away jersey sleeves, and a bolder, more aggressive typeface for letters/numbers.  Comments?

Next up:  Birmingham Stallions, New Orleans Breakers

QPR%20Sig.png

You know, those are not bad at all -- a very nice update.  I'm very glad to see the helmet design intact -- it was by far the best looking helmet in the history of the USFL.  One thing that I recently noticed about the helmets -- on the back right above the neckline was the Arizona state flag.  I had never previously noticed it on those helmets.

Andrew

Well, sort of. I did modify the gold color slightly (it has sort of a combination of flecked/metallic gold finish), but that was one of the logos I really thought should stay intact :).  When I get to Birmingham, I'm gonna have to tweak their color scheme and logo a bit, because the silhouette of the horse is too plain (and too similar to the Tampa Bay Bandits), which is why I may be saving that one until later.

QPR%20Sig.png

IMHO, it's not even close with regard to the BEST helmet in the USFL. I grudgingly admit that even my hometown Boston Breakers had to bow to the clear helmet superiority of the Michigan Panthers! Outstanding! Frankly, Jerry Richardson and his family should have done everything possible to acquire the helmet design and logo for their Carolina Panthers.

Brian in Boston

Back on topic, what about the uniforms? :D

BTW, the Breakers helmet design will be staying intact when I do the 2004 rendition of their uniforms ;)

QPR%20Sig.png

being blunt, i usually like your work moser (not kidding, this guy even created a red wings addon i liked) but this one, i'd probably have to see one in real life to judge it accurately.  as is i won't say.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived