Somewhat ot: nhl exhibition

Roger Clemente

I'm curious...when two NHL teams play an exhibition game in a non-NHL city, what pucks do they use?  I'm certain they'd probably use InGlasCo pucks, but do they bring a pile of official NHL pucks for the designated home team, or do they use the minor league home teams pucks, or NHL practise pucks, or what?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Hey oilfan -- Along with Roger, I care.  This is a legitimate question.  Is it logo related?  Not too much, although last time I looked, there are logos on pucks.

Look, the topic was listed as slightly OT.  Ya didn't have to read it...  lookaroundlightblue.gif

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I know from a Sharks-Coyotes game in Oakland a couple of years ago, that they used Sharks pucks.  I don't know if that helps or not.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

no no, i don't mean to say that it WASN'T off topic or on topic or whatever, after all this IS a logo's message board...i'm just saying who cares? there's obviously nothing else to talk about when you start to wonder what logo is on the puck during an exhibition game. people have lots of free time i suppose. go read a book instead. read "sirens of titan" by kurt vonnegut.

my take: they use a plain black puck. goodness me!

Vancouver 2010 Two Man Luge Gold Medalist.

http://www.geocities.com/oilfaninvan

Thats a good question, it seems in most exhibitions, the team designated the home team, maybe by geographic closeness? takes the normal reigns of the home team.  id say if minnesota played nashville in moose jaw, minny would be home, and would bring the vulcanized rubber.  but again, pure speculation.

I CARE, I CARE!  :D

I know that whenever the Kings play exhibition teams at the Centennial Garden in Bakersfield, CA, they are always the home team (last exhibition game was Kings vs. Ducks. Obviously, more Kings fans, as it should be :D ) Anyway, the pucks that they use are the Kings pucks. They even used the Kings' announcer from the STAPLES Center instead of our local announcer. Long story short, I'm going to assume, that whoever is designated as the "home" team gets to provide pucks. Great question!

NASCAR. Done. |

nextel_cup_logo.JPG

Archived