Seattle Mariners Concept

KennyRock

I said on another thread how I thought the M's old logo and colors could be used in a new concept - this might not be how, but here's one stab at it:

OLDMARINERS.png

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

You're on the right track. Both the white and grey shirts need some piping. And teams should only use one vest. So make the vest the alternate and go to full sleeves for the whites. And both primary uniforms need front numbers. I really like the all-blue cap.

The gold bp shirt and cap are a bit much for my taste. And gold or other light-colored hats show dirt and persperation a lot more than dark ones.

Lasly on your wordmark, I see the points of the trident in each letter but the leading bars look too thin. I take it this is your own font. Great concept, just needs a little "tweaking."

:rolleyes::D

Love the hats.

I am not fond of the font, though.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Mariners will never bring back the M/trident. Bad superstition if you're into Greek mythology. And they are.

Check out the thread "Curse of the Retro" (TOPIC #20505). They angered Poseidon by flipping the trident to fit their wordmark. It's why when George Soros bought the team they changed to the gold "S", plain-as-hell hats.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

You're on the right track. Both the white and grey shirts need some piping. And teams should only use one vest. So make the vest the alternate and go to full sleeves for the whites. And both primary uniforms need front numbers. I really like the all-blue cap.

The gold bp shirt and cap are a bit much for my taste. And gold or other light-colored hats show dirt and persperation a lot more than dark ones.

Lasly on your wordmark, I see the points of the trident in each letter but the leading bars look too thin. I take it this is your own font. Great concept, just needs a little "tweaking."

:rolleyes::D

Actually, and I guess this is never clear when I post my concepts - that home jersey is like the Angel's alt - full jersey with colored sleeves. I thought that was one of the better ideas in MLB uni treads, so I tend to use it a lot.

I'll work on adding some piping, it does need it. I'll also add numbers.

As for the font, it's actually one I found that I thought fit well - but valid point about it.

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll work on it a bit more.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Hey Kenny, I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I came up with a concept inspired by the '77 logo that I thought would be good to post here.

Ms1977return.jpg

I was going to make a road Uni and probably an alt, too, but photoshop ate my road concept before I could save it. It's weird being back home.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

The Mariners will never bring back the M/trident. Bad superstition if you're into Greek mythology. And they are.

Another reason is that the team was just plain awful back in those days. Not too many memories that you would want to bring back. They have never even worn them on a turn-back-the-clock night.

They had plans of wearing the teal jerseys this year for the 10th anniversary of the 1995 season, but ended up scrapping it. Something about the right shade of teal not being available anymore, since Russell made the jerseys back then. I was really looking forward to seeing them again, too!

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Archived