I found me a rare cap

rmackman

e8_1_b.JPG

Mah new perty purchase!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Very cool hat, I wouldnt mind havign that in my collection.

Last one I bought was one of those old away Marlins caps that were teal. IM happy with that find for only 15$ :D

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

e8_1_b.JPG

Mah new perty purchase!

That was the first fitted hat I ever bought, and Pat that completely teal marlins hat is my dream cap, I wish I had one to match my teal marlins BP jersey.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

e8_1_b.JPG

Mah new perty purchase!

That was the first fitted hat I ever bought, and Pat that completely teal marlins hat is my dream cap, I wish I had one to match my teal marlins BP jersey.

Ya I couldnt believe it when I saw it in the discount bin for old hats that noone buys.

I look at the tag, its 7 3/8. I couldnt squeeze my mellon into a 7 1/2, but yet this one fit. Woohoo!

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I have 3 of hte marlins teal hats, one of them has the black visor. My extra is a size 7 and a little worn but I'll send it out if u guys want it.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I will have to check my moms house i also think i have the all teal marlins cap. Big Lots/Odd Lots depending on where you live had about 10 years ago authentic MLB fitted caps for a buck each. I can't remember off hand how many I bought but it was quite a few. Some of them have never been worn. It may be a couple of weeks but I will let you know.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

See you guys had to fight for those. I guess I "cheated" because I live in FL so they were all over. In fact, for some reason, in 1997 when the Marlins won their first title, stores sold the teal hat/black visor style with the World Series patch on the side...even though the team hadn't worn that style in 3 years.

spacer.png

e8_1_b.JPG

Mah new perty purchase!

I have that same hat except instead of a C on the front, it says BURNS.

I also own a teal Marlins hat with a black bill that my father bought me two years ago for no reason at all, a few months before the World Series.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I learned me a lesson! This cap came in the mail and I can tell it's a fake. It wasn't expensive so I'm not that mad, but I'm surprised they can make fakes of New Era caps w/ tags on them and all. The thing is the three tags on the inside (MLB AUTHENTIC DIAMOND COLLECTION, NEW ERA SINCE 1920, AND SIZE 7) are spaced really really far apart. New Era usually keeps them closer together. Also the MLB logo on the back is a little more square and pointy when the real logo is more rounded on the edges. It just doesn't feel like as good of quality. I really wanted that hat too so I'm disappointed. Oh well, I guess it's now going to become my softball hat so it can get beat up. The guy used a photo of a real hat in his ad, and then sent me this. Thankfully there's such thing as EBAY FEEDBACK! :cursing::evil:

spacer.png

Yea but it was billed as authentic and it was a fake when I got it GRRRR :cursing:

spacer.png

ya know the reds actually pulled off the white hat pretty good, that whole trend with white hats and grey hats in the mid 90's looked awful on most teams, the pirates, red sox and mets, but the reds didn't look too horrible. Imagine if they had worn a white pinstriped batting helmet to match it. that would have looked bad.

timeline_1993.jpg

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Archived