St. Louis Cardinals Concept Jerseys

LEWJ

Not a single concept in this thread looks bad.

But I don't want to see any of them. The Cardinals pull plain off. It looks great that way. And I don't wanna see St. Louis on the roads. Cardinals looks better and just works better.

I gotta say, the concepts here do include the kind of striping I would like to see (to an extent) if a change was made though (and at some point, I'd be alright with modifications).

I like the piping of just about every seam style a lot. It's throwback, simple, and unique. I'm undecided whether or not it should be red or blue on the road though.

The other striping I like is the sleeve striping on LEWJ's. It's a nod to the 80's. I'd put that on the pants and none on the middle of the jersey.

Also, I'm not a fan of going back to cream. I've debated this a lot, but I think the white just works better.

I really like them a lot. I've always wondered how the Cards would look with piping on both the home and away jerseys. From the concepts I've seen, they look really good. I wish that they would add the piping and add the "St. Louis" script to the road unis. Also, I would like them to use a red alt like they did for one game back in 1998 or 1999, whenever Jim Edmonds' first season with the Cards was.

I really like them a lot. I've always wondered how the Cards would look with piping on both the home and away jerseys. From the concepts I've seen, they look really good. I wish that they would add the piping and add the "St. Louis" script to the road unis. Also, I would like them to use a red alt like they did for one game back in 1998 or 1999, whenever Jim Edmonds' first season with the Cards was.

I do believe it was 1999, but I'm not sure off hand.

However, I have no idea what red alt you speak of. I don't think they've ever worn one. Just BP jerseys.

Also, they don't have any piping on the homes either. I like it that way.

In 1999, they wore red jerseys on a Fox Game of the Week that were wore for only one game. The jerseys were then auctioned off with the proceeds going to charity. I saw the game myself.

EDIT: I knew that I had a reason to mention that those jerseys were worn when Adam Kennedy was with the Cards. I forgot that Edmonds came to the Cards in 2000 and was involved in the trade that sent Kennedy to the Angels.

I've done it before...I personally think it looks good:

stlouisuni.gif

Those threads are sweet! I'd especially like the road unis. "St. Louis" looks great on the front.

6uXNWAo.png

I'd love to see the current jerseys with St Louis for the road.

They did that in 1930

nl_1930_stlouis.gif

The red ones that are being referred to were for the annual Muscular Distrophy Association Cardinals Care auction day. I think 99 was the year. They weren't BP tops...no mesh.

I really like the look they have now. I don't know about the 'St. Louis" scripting. My favorite look is from 1944.

Cardinals 1944

That's my quasi-throwback jersey! Its more a replica, but I love it. Same piping that they had in 44, minus the war patch on the sleeve, and the wordmark is actually a Chenille type patch. I'm not sure if this is very accurate (the patch construction), but its still pretty cool and the shape is fairily accurate. Its also poly instead of wool.

So basically, its a fashion/throwback. But its still my favorite jersey in my collection!

That's my quasi-throwback jersey! Its more a replica, but I love it. Same piping that they had in 44, minus the war patch on the sleeve, and the wordmark is actually a Chenille type patch. I'm not sure if this is very accurate (the patch construction), but its still pretty cool and the shape is fairily accurate. Its also poly instead of wool.

So basically, its a fashion/throwback. But its still my favorite jersey in my collection!

That is why I really like your design! I think I am used to the Cardinals scripting though. If they do change, that is the look they need to go to.

The red ones that are being referred to were for the annual Muscular Distrophy Association Cardinals Care auction day. I think 99 was the year. They weren't BP tops...no mesh.

Thanks for reminding me. For a while I thought that they were for "Strike Out Cancer".

Hey this is my very first post. I'm an avid graphic artist (though no degree or job in the field yet), but creating my own or re-doing current logos and uniforms is pretty much all I do...most of the time. Anyway as probably one of the biggest Cardinal fans in the world, (I'm from Springfield, MO and work at the stadium of the Cards new Double-A affiliate Springfield Cardinals) I'd have to say that other than some possible piping in the future, I just can't see the Cardinals really changing their uni's any. Wouldn't mind seeing a sleeveless alt. or more use of the red alt. used once before, but no major changes. St. Louis script with the 2-B/B's (2 birds on the bat) would fit nicely on the roads but is not a necessary change, but the previous designs still all look really cool and are excellant concepts.

Also pcgd, where did you get the template for your design. I've gotten a lot of templates off this site but have never seen that one. If you could enlighten me, or not, that would be great, hmm? B)

Its my own template. Availible in the templates section.

Oh wait...no its not, I switched servers. Sometime when I get the my new site, I'll have them posted for your enjoyment.

But I agree, I don't want them to change, its just my favorite teams (cardinals/bears) respectively have one of the best looks in their leagues, and I know they won't change, but I still want to do something.

Like most cardinals fans, I wouldn't be opposed to any changes like this or any at all, but I'm not going to riot if they don't. The only way I'd get pissed is if they took STL off the hats full time or took the birds off the bats.

PCGD great concept ... This is what i would love to see the cards wear , really like the way you blended the old with a fresh updated look!!! and i personally have to put my vote in for going to the "st louis" script on the road jersey, just seems to be a little more classy , and correct me if I'm wrong but isnt it kinda like a baseball tradition ?? Almost like white at home grey on the road??

PCGD great concept ... This is what i would love to see the cards wear , really like the way you blended the old with a fresh updated look!!! and i personally have to put my vote in for going to the "st louis" script on the road jersey, just seems to be a little more classy , and correct me if I'm wrong but isnt it kinda like a baseball tradition ?? Almost like white at home grey on the road??

It's a common baseball uniform thing...I guess one could call it a tradition.

The thing is...it's a Cardinals tradition to have Cardinals there. Now, they have had St. Louis there a few times, and it wouldn't probably cause a riot or anything, but I just don't think they should do it.

I'm not making the claim this can't be said for other teams, but the Cardinals represent so many more than just those in St. Louis. Obviously, St. Louis is important and should be noted on the uniforms too...and so they are...on the cap...STL.

The Cards uniforms have room for change, and at some point they probably will. That's been there history. To keep there tradition, but to modify it and modernize it as time goes on. But there look right now is pretty much perfect.

Maybe there will be some subtle changes next year with the new ballpark.

Last time there was a major uniform change (1992) they just went retro, changing from pullover v-neck and elastic waistband pants to belts and buttons...also they reintroduced the navy road cap

In 1998 they changed the bird, but the uni stayed similar (also took numbers off the front)

In 99 they put the numbers back on the front and changed the Cardinal's beak from red to yellow.

I'd like to echo the sentiments of mostly everyone that there isn't really a bad looking concept in this whole thread. The only thing I'd like to see is a road hat that is still predominantly red, possibly with a blue brim. On a side note, I finally made it to St. Louis this past weekend for a wedding. Other than the Hooters we went to not knowing how to prepare proper chicken wings, it was a good trip all around.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Sorry, just noticed something on your design, pcgd. The piping on your road is Navy,....except on the back of the jersey...where it's red. Just thought I'd point that out. B)

Yeah I've known that for awhile...thanks though!

I'm just too lazy to update it. I usually don't revisit concepts for some dumb reason.

Archived