LILG'S LEAGUE CHALLENGE IV: AFL 20th Anniversary

Gary

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AAO, I hate you. (...and I mean that as a compliment) Those are gorgeous and are perfect for an AFL team. I guess I'll still enter just as a consolation.

thanks man....actually that last part kind of scares me haha...im gonna wait and post it later, towards the end of the contest.

OK, here's my try at the CHARLOTTE RAGE.

I initially wanted to abandon the Bull and make an abstract logo. But I couldn't come up with anything that looked like it was enraged.... So I made a modified bull.

Also, I changed the colors. The old ones were too... well, ugly. So I gave them an orange that's slightly similar to the Bobcats, along with black and grey.

I know the logo's not great. I've never been good with Illustrator and it was a rush job. Regardless, here's my entry for the Charlotte Rage:

Rage.gif

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I'm apologizing now for the size of the images. I didn't really know how to make them smaller or combine them and keep what little quality they had. I did the Washington Commandos too. Being that they're an AFL team, I made them a little gaudy.

commandosmain6py.jpg

HOME UNIFORMS

commandoshomeuni3hu.jpg

AWAY UNIFORMS

commandosuniaway6be.jpg

ALT UNIFORMS

commandosaltuni8ur.jpg

Hey Lilg - how does this competition work anyway? Do we all get to vote on the best designs? Also, besides the overall winner, can we have subcategories like Best Uniform, Best Wordmark, etc?

well Dave, the way we'll do this, we'll vote on the best overall design, we will vote by taking the best three and rank them 1-3, but when voting starts you'll see. Btw I'm rooting for your Dragons to win the Arena Bowl this year.

Hey Lilg - how does this competition work anyway? Do we all get to vote on the best designs? Also, besides the overall winner, can we have subcategories like Best Uniform, Best Wordmark, etc?

well Dave, the way we'll do this, we'll vote on the best overall design, we will vote by taking the best three and rank them 1-3, but when voting starts you'll see. Btw I'm rooting for your Dragons to win the Arena Bowl this year.

Thanks - I think we'll beat the Preds to get past the first round, but I hope we stay consistent and we'll go all the way.

Good stuff so far guys - here's my St. Louis Stampede concept.....Their original logo was a herd of horses running under the St. Louis Arch - it was really cheesy looking so I wanted to make big changes. I kept the arch concept in both the primary and secondary logo but went with a bull instead of horses. At first, the bull was red but it resembled the Chicago Bulls too much. So I darkened the red to look like blood and added a medium/light grey to it. It looked a lot like a college uniform, so I broke up the colors with black and white. Originally I had a light yellowish gold for the third color but it was hard to work into the uniforms. The bull's eye was also gold, so I ditched the gold altogether and made his eye all white. For the secondary logo, I wanted something simple and recognizable, so I just added bull horns to the arch. I have an alternate secondary logo too which is the full body sihouette of a bull about to charge but the arch with horns seemed more unique - I'll add the silhouette to the concept after the competition. I also called up Kurt Warner and got him to model the new home uniform because he will be the QB for the Stampede :D

stlouisstampedeconcept.jpg

stlouisstampedehomeuni.jpg

Archived