LILG'S LEAGUE CHALLENGE IV: AFL 20th Anniversary

Gary

My opinion about the concepts so far.....

Lost Limey's Washington Commandos: I'm not too crazy about the colors or logo, but I LOVE the secondary/pants logo and the home uniforms. The insignia on the shoulders is a nice touch too.

dgnmrwrw's Charlotte Rage: It reminds me a lot of the Grand Rapids Rampage, but I like it. Nice logo, wordmark and uniforms and I really like the sleeves on the jerseys.

deucedwo's Washington Commandos: Good colors and nice logo. The best part is the military style numbers on the jerseys.

Let me know what you think of my St. Louis Stampede.

Good concepts guys, let's see some more!

Hey Lilg - can we change our concepts based on people's suggestions before the end of the competition or do we have to leave them the way we posted them?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I was hoping to avoid the Rampage connection. I tried to make my logo simpler and more linear (in terms of lines and colors). Of course, this all could have been avoided had I been able to make a decent abstract Rage logo.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Hey Lilg - can we change our concepts based on people's suggestions before the end of the competition or do we have to leave them the way we posted them?

I don't have a problem with it, as long as it isn't corrected til after the due date

here is my take on the charlotte rage - i originally designed this logo for a fantasy team called the hellions - the primary still needs some work, but i'm at a stand-still with it (i've reached the limits of my ability & equipment, for now) - still working on secondary and uni's...will edit post to add them when they're ready - for now i've got helmet, primary and wordmark with primary

rageset6ff.png

ragehelmet3mg.png

edit - updated post to show logo/uni set

note - i could not get the secondary to look the way i wanted it to, so i went with the interlocking c and r...not original at all (especially considering the other rage concept used the same thing as a secondary), but the best i could do with time constraints

jldesigns404eo.png

here is my take on the charlotte rage - i originally designed this logo for a fantasy team called the hellions - the primary still needs some work, but i'm at a stand-still with it (i've reached the limits of my ability & equipment, for now) - still working on secondary and uni's...will edit post to add them when they're ready - for now i've got helmet, primary and wordmark with primary

rage6lx.png

ragelogo1vs.png

ragehelmet3mg.png

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Amazing work. Another 1000 points!

:notworthy::evil::shocked:

Very evil-looking indeed.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Lost Limey's Washington Commandos: I'm not too crazy about the colors or logo, but I LOVE the secondary/pants logo and the home uniforms. The insignia on the shoulders is a nice touch too.

Thanks for the slight praise. I was having the damnedest time trying to come up with a decent primary for whatever reason, and I almost went two other routes with it.

1. Use the Secondary Logo as the Primary, and the Shoulder Insignia as the Secondary

2. Have The Primary Logo be the Secondary Logo with the Wordmark.

hey deucedwo, i hate to ask this but your concept looks kinda similar to something i did awhile back. it looks similar with regards to the overall shape, color scheme, the beveled star, and the way you used the shading with the dark gold. im not saying you ripped me off, but if you did base it somewhat off mine, i would like some credit. if that is the case, it would be wise to ask before doing that next time to avoid any possible confusion and/or unnecessary allegations.

once again i am not accusing you of anything, it just kinda looks too close for comfort

Here is the one I did, for reference.

joshuamings, yeah! I do remember that logo and that's what gave me my inspiration. When I picked Commandos I was planning on making it more of a militia/military theme than their original logo. I work for the Department of Defense (with military personnel) and wanted to use their badges/patches as a base point (hence the primary logo and the star). I remember someone did an awesome concept that was military based but I couldn't remember who it was or the name of the team. I searched through the message boards to find it but the only thing that kept coming up for me were the Fayetville Guard, (which was the basis for the alt uni).

I had my idea for the logo, but after looking at your logo again, it IS almost the same, colors and all, which is probably because I was trying to recreate what I remembered seeing. I in no way want to take credit for your designs or ideas. I should've posted asking if anyone knew what the logo was I was searching for so I could've differentiated it more or gave you proper credit. I'd like it if LILG would withdraw my name from this contest, because I think it'd be the right thing to do.

I'm truly sorry and didn't mean to steal anything from you. I'm glad you did post that though because it's been killing me trying to remember who did that logo and what it was.

Archived