LILG'S LEAGUE CHALLENGE IV: AFL 20th Anniversary

Gary

I'd like it if LILG would withdraw my name from this contest, because I think it'd be the right thing to do.

Would agree, but also what about the alternative: giving dual credit somehow. :wink2:

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would agree, but also what about the alternative: giving dual credit somehow.

Nah, that's ok. Winning a contest isn't important to me. I just like to share with people when I make something (even if it's heavily influenced by another's designs). My friends and family would just look at what I do and say "oh, that's nice." It's nice to have a whole community here that appreciates and critiques your work, whether good or bad. I'd rather try and save face and whatever good reputation I might have than to become known as one of the bad eggs on this board and be disrespectful. I check this board constantly throughout the day to see all of the great concepts and designs that everyone puts together and I'm still amazed that I found a message board full of people that have the same interests as myself, that enjoy and like to create sports related "art" just for the hell of it.

Would agree, but also what about the alternative: giving dual credit somehow.

Nah, that's ok. Winning a contest isn't important to me. I just like to share with people when I make something (even if it's heavily influenced by another's designs). My friends and family would just look at what I do and say "oh, that's nice." It's nice to have a whole community here that appreciates and critiques your work, whether good or bad. I'd rather try and save face and whatever good reputation I might have than to become known as one of the bad eggs on this board and be disrespectful. I check this board constantly throughout the day to see all of the great concepts and designs that everyone puts together and I'm still amazed that I found a message board full of people that have the same interests as myself, that enjoy and like to create sports related "art" just for the hell of it.

You could always re-enter the contest with the same uniforms/colors but a different primary logo.

Me neither, since I ran across it last night looking up obscure football leagues...(no life)

The NIFL isn't exacly obscure. They always have a reputation for crappy business in teams and logo wise, they are usually the ABA of football.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Okay here is who have completed and still to be completed.

Completed

Against All Odds(Cleveland Thunderbolts)

Patriot54(St. Louis Stampede)

lost_limey(Washington Commandos)

dgnmrwrw(Charlotte Rage)

leggman01(Charlotte Rage)

Bwana Bob(Detroit Drive)

Still To be Completed

AstroBull21(Cincinnati Rockers)

jWilson4mvp(Pittsburgh Gladiators)

HatCityEnforcer(Team to be Determined)

lightbluenc(Houston Thunderbears)

Remember you still have until a week from today to enter or complete your design

Okay here is who have completed and still to be completed.

Completed

Against All Odds(Cleveland Thunderbolts)

Patriot54(St. Louis Stampede)

lost_limey(Washington Commandos)

dgnmrwrw(Charlotte Rage)

leggman01(Charlotte Rage)

Bwana Bob(Detroit Drive)

Still To be Completed

AstroBull21(Cincinnati Rockers)

jWilson4mvp(Pittsburgh Gladiators)

HatCityEnforcer(Team to be Determined)

Remember you still have until a week from today to enter or complete your design

What about lightbluenc - I think he is doing the Houston Thunderbears

I'd like to possibly re-enter with a completely new package, if lilg or no one else would object to it. I'll do one of the teams no one has chosen yet out of good faith. If this isn't alright, I understand...just let me know. Thanks.

I'd like to possibly re-enter with a completely new package, if lilg or no one else would object to it. I'll do one of the teams no one has chosen yet out of good faith. If this isn't alright, I understand...just let me know. Thanks.

I have no problem with it, I understand why you had to withdraw your last concept. So with that being said, I look forward to your next offering :P

Try taking a shot at the Pittsburg Gladiators....they had similar colors (Green/Goldish) and the logo wouldn't be too much to update......

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

hey, i have no problem with you keeping it in the contest. you arent gonna get any personal monetary gain, and neither did I from mine. I'm glad I influenced you. I personally have no problem with you entering the logo if everyone else doesn't mind it. Besides it is different enough to be technically a new logo.

my purpose wasn't to start controversy or anything like that. just a lil lesson. if influenced by someones or a teams design, just say so. kinda looks bad being pointed out after the fact. i personally don't have any hard feelings towards you whatsoever. besides you remember the old saying immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I'm glad you're not upset, but I'd still like to DQ that entry. I just think it would be the right thing to do. I apologize again. I wish I could've found your concept so I could've given due credit. I'd feel much, much better submitting an entirely different logo/concept. In fact, I'm working on it right now and Edge, I thought you'd be happy to know that I am doing the Pittsburgh Gladiators.

And before I'm even done with the concept, I want everyone to know that I'm altering the Argonauts shield logo as my secondary logo. (I had to search for that one too). ^_^

My opinion on the new concepts:

Edge1?s Charlotte Rage: Nice concept - I like the ?Rage? wordmark. Let?s see some uniforms!

Bwana Bob?s Detroit Drive: Good job! I?m glad I didn?t use yellow in my concept because ours would have been similar with the dark red helmet/black facemask. I like the colors you used and the logo is cool ? it has a throwback feel to it.

AAO?s Cleveland Thunderbolts: Excellent work as usual. Like I said, it?s an awesome concept except I thought the football part was too small. The ?Zeus? logo is great and I really like the thunderbolt stripes across the chest and nameplate of the jersey.

Deucedwo?s Pittsburgh Gladiators: Looks good ? it?s even better than your original entry. I would have switched the primary logo and the secondary logo but it looks cool. I also like the sword as the pants stripe ? how come you only used it on the alternate uniform?

Archived