AL East Poll

kingssss

Who will win the AL East?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think you can stick a fork in the Yankees losing to teh Royals is not good and they just seem to be missing something, and have too much dead weight.

They are too old(oldest average team in baseball), paid too much(highest payroll by some 80-90 million more than second place), and they have ARod(I like him, but he is a schleprock).

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

To think that the Boss won't pull out all the stops in buying another AL East title is ludicrous. The dude's gonna go nuts, and somebody's gonna do business with him. He may be running out of trade bait/prospects, but the guy won't quit until his payroll is a quarter-billion...I still say because of that, the damned Yankees will win the division when the O's and Jays inevitably choke, and the Sawks revert to their comfy Wild Card finish.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

To think that the Boss won't pull out all the stops in buying another AL East title is ludicrous. The dude's gonna go nuts, and somebody's gonna do business with him. He may be running out of trade bait/prospects, but the guy won't quit until his payroll is a quarter-billion...I still say because of that, the damned Yankees will win the division when the O's and Jays inevitably choke, and the Sawks revert to their comfy Wild Card finish.

Pull out what stops? Who is out there for him to get?

I don't see the O's choking. They have the best all-around player in the game, Tejada. A top left handed closer, Ryan. Staff has been solid so far. Lineup is solid. You gotta believe, who would've believe back in March, that at the beginning of June the O's would be 4 games up on the Sox and Yanks(5 on them) and 9-4 against them both.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Staff has been solid so far.

Key words? So far.

Baltimore's starting rotation is headed by Rodrigo Lopez. Rodrigo Lopez! I agree he's a good pitcher, but when he's occupying your #1 spot, your rotation has a few problems. These guys have no track record of sustaining great stats throughout a whole season, and that trend will hold up. Keep in mind, we're still in May.

This division will come down to the Red Sox and Yankees, just like it has for the past 7 billion seasons. With Schilling healthy following the All-Star break, the Red Sox rotation will feature three potential #1 pitchers (Schilling, Wells, W. Miller), and two guys who have absolutely amazing stuff (M. Clement, B. Arroyo). Top that off with Tim Wakefield as a #6 starter in the bullpen and you've got some solid arms. The Yankees, meanwhile, will have the Big Unit returning to form, backed by Mussina, Pavano and Kevin Brown. Their #5 spot will probably be grabbed by Jaret Wright when he's healthy again. Are the Orioles gonna beat those rotations? No. Just...no. Add on top of that the fact that Boston and New York's lineups are comparable, and probably better than, Baltimore's.

So that's my little rant on the AL East. And if anyone even utters the words "Toronto" or "Tampa Bay," you should be shot. :D

Pull out what stops? Who is out there for him to get?

I don't see the O's choking. They have the best all-around player in the game, Tejada. A top left handed closer, Ryan. Staff has been solid so far. Lineup is solid. You gotta believe, who would've believe back in March, that at the beginning of June the O's would be 4 games up on the Sox and Yanks(5 on them) and 9-4 against them both.

Other players? Like, any of the 25 players on the other 29 teams. You can bet he'll go fishing for somebody else's big name. I'm not a soothsayer; I don't know who he'll go after. But he'll try...I'm not saying anyone will cooperate in coughing up their best player (using the Jays, for a laugh: Wells or Halladay), but he'll pick up some more overrated, underskilled, overpaid, and overaged players in an attempt to take the East. And I know, as a fan of the Jays and life-long hater of the Yanks, that the Yanks will win the division just to piss me off and have me cheering for every team they play in the postseason.

Having said that, if they keep sliding down the :censored:ter, I'd be the happiest guy in Saskatchewan.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Maybe it would be easier for the O's if they could actually beat the Tigers this year. theyre 1-5 against them. Fortunately, they only play them tonight and tomorrow, and thats it for the year

teamsnew2.png

Archived