Seattle Mariners Logo Concept

DawgPacPBH

The "M" really doesn't work for me. I think you would do better with the old trident logo using the current color set.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I like the idea!

the trident-style M isn't doing it for me, though, neither is the SM on the ship. Maybe change the colors on the SM.

I'm tempted to say to use a bat as the mast, but on something to use as a sleeve patch/alternate logo, something so small I don't think you'd want to do that much detail.

Reminds me of a scoreboard animation they used to have in the Kingdome of "Lou's Crew," where they had an apparent captain (in baseball pants) standing at the front corner of the ship with his left foot at the point of the ship.

Interesting to think about, anyway.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Not sure whats going on in that image.

There's a man in a boat - a mariner, if you will - and his boat is sinking, because a much larger ship just dropped its giant anchor onto the smaller vessel, impaling it amidships. The mariner is flipping a sideways bird at the captain of the anchor-dropping ship.

I actually like the anchor-looking M in this logo. The little sinking boat with the Gorton's fisherman at the helm, not so much.

20082614447.png

The character kind of dances on the line of cartoon/aggressive character. Between old padre and the new islander guy. I think a push on either way would help define it more. The big M trident needs a little more clarity. The boat also feels "wimpy" or comical which is ok if that is what you are going for. I do like it the design, but I think it needs some tweaking.

I'm not the right man to declare it, but someone should give a challenge for people to design MLB team sleeve patches in the spirit of the old "twins" logo--cartoonish but old school cartoon. I'll bring it up in a separate post.

Archived