New Rams' pants

ShaftDu

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats weird, but this asks the real question, will Madden have more uniforms like the 2k series had and will they finally quit making alts that the only difference is the socks?

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

Thats weird, but this asks the real question, will Madden have more uniforms like the 2k series had and will they finally quit making alts that the only difference is the socks?

they had some ugly alts in 2K5, I always hated when my friend would be the all yellow Packers. They look like mounds of cheese.

The Rams have three sets:
  • Gold (no stripes)
  • Navy Blue (they've worn them once or twice)
  • White (with Gold and Navy Blue stripes - never worn)

The Rams also used to have a white pant with a gold bronco-stripe for the 2001 season. They wore them in the preseason against SD, all white. Of course, those pants would look dumb now with no sidestripes on the jersey! That all white look was very cool. Mike Martz hates the blue pants, and the white pants.

SLramspic1201.jpg

spikes.jpg

The Rams also used to have a white pant with a gold bronco-stripe for the 2001 season. They wore them in the preseason against SD, all white. Of course, those pants would look dumb now with no sidestripes on the jersey! That all white look was very cool. Mike Martz hates the blue pants, and the white pants.

Very true on the other White pants. They've had these newer ones (with the Navy and Gold stripes) listed as official for a couple of seasons now.

I'll post the official graphics for all three Rams' pants later...

(I can't run Illustrator right now, because I've got too much other work-related stuff open right now, and my laptop tends to crash...darn virtual memory)

Some of the stuff I'm about to say will be repeating, but it will also be clarifying...

When the Rams introduced their new jerseys in 2000, they had a gold side stripe, and had three pairs of pants. There were all gold pants, navy pants with a gold tapered stripe, and white pants with a gold tapered stripe. For the record, the stripe was not quite Bronco style as it was shorter and it did not curve (perhaps accidentally as I'll mention later, it was also thinner).

Through all of the 2000 season and I believe preseason, all the Rams wore were the all gold pants.

In the preseason of 2001, they tried the white pants with the white jersey. The top of the stripe was thinner than the side stripe on the jersey, and if for no other reason than that, it looked bad. The navy pants never were worn.

I'm not sure whether the navy pants were produced at all after 2000, but I'm relatively sure that by 2002 niether the navy nor the white pants were being produced. This is because Mike Martz hated them, and I would agree with him especially since the stripe did not match up in width with the jersey stripe. (In response to Michigan Dave, I would have to say that I think the tapered stripe could work without sidestripes--it would be similar to the Panthers.)

Save that one preseason appearance of the white pants in 2001, the only pants that had ever seen the field thru 2000, 2001, and 2002 were the all gold pants.

Then, in 2003 the Rams ditched the side stripes introduced a new set of navy blue pants. These pants had striping that went <thin white, thin gold, thick navy, thin gold, thin white>. (Searching for some reason for the odd pants striping, I decided it matched the navy blue jerseys if one looked at the colors from shoulder to shoulder.)

These new navy pants were worn in the season opener and I believe one other time, but perhaps two more times. They were always worn with the white jersey and thus always on the road. I believe they lost every game in them. I do not know whether or not these pants are still manufactured and/or are still listed in the official guide.

For all the rest of 2003 and all of 2004, the Rams stuck with the all gold pants.

Pantone, if your willing, can you give me a little bit more detail about what the Rams have listed? Is the navy blue pair the ones from 2003? Do you know if they still manufacture them, or are they just listed? Is the white pair the one from the gameshot above (you said navy and gold stripes, but is that the right pattern?), and are they new for 2005 or have they been listed for a while and just never worn? Do you know if they are manufactured or just listed?

Any further detail is appreciated.

EDIT: Added when they ditched the side stripes.

Very true on the other White pants. They've had these newer ones (with the Navy and Gold stripes) listed as official for a couple of seasons now.

Yeah, Martz won't wear em. I think they got those in 2002, when they ditched the gold insets on the jersey.

spikes.jpg

Some of the stuff I'm about to say will be repeating, but it will also be clarifying...

When the Rams introduced their new jerseys in 2000, they had a gold side stripe, and had three pairs of pants. There were all gold pants, navy pants with a gold tapered stripe, and white pants with a gold tapered stripe. For the record, the stripe was not quite Bronco style as it was shorter and it did not curve (perhaps accidentally as I'll mention later, it was also thinner).

Through all of the 2000 season and I believe preseason, all the Rams wore were the all gold pants.

In the preseason of 2001, they tried the white pants with the white jersey. The top of the stripe was thinner than the side stripe on the jersey, and if for no other reason than that, it looked bad. The navy pants never were worn.

I'm not sure whether the navy pants were produced at all after 2000, but I'm relatively sure that by 2002 niether the navy nor the white pants were being produced. This is because Mike Martz hated them, and I would agree with him especially since the stripe did not match up in width with the jersey stripe. (In response to Michigan Dave, I would have to say that I think the tapered stripe could work without sidestripes--it would be similar to the Panthers.)

Save that one preseason appearance of the white pants in 2001, the only pants that had ever seen the field thru 2000, 2001, and 2002 were the all gold pants.

Then, in 2003 the Rams introduced a new set of navy blue pants. These pants had striping that went <thin white, thin gold, thick navy, thin gold, thin white>. (Searching for some reason for the odd pants striping, I decided it matched the navy blue jerseys if one looked at the colors from shoulder to shoulder.)

These new navy pants were worn in the season opener and I believe one other time, but perhaps two more times. They were always worn with the white jersey and thus always on the road. I believe they lost every game in them. I do not know whether or not these pants are still manufactured and/or are still listed in the official guide.

For all the rest of 2003 and all of 2004, the Rams stuck with the all gold pants.

Pantone, if your willing, can you give me a little bit more detail about what the Rams have listed? Is the navy blue pair the ones from 2003? Do you know if they still manufacture them, or are they just listed? Is the white pair the one from the gameshot above (you said navy and gold stripes, but is that the right pattern?), and are they new for 2005 or have they been listed for a while and just never worn? Do you know if they are manufactured or just listed?

Any further detail is appreciated.

Great post. You said what I was thinking!

spikes.jpg

well, Mad Mike's a superstitious guy...heck, he recently "convinced" Jeff Smoker to change from 9 to 15 cus 9 sounds like the Japanese word for pain (or something like that)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

well, Mad Mike's a superstitious guy...heck, he recently "convinced" Jeff Smoker to change from 9 to 15 cus 9 sounds like the Japanese word for pain (or something like that)

I never heard that...that's crazy...the guy is nuts...

In my mind, he's got one more season...he can either get all my respect and support back, or he can lose it all completely and probably for good...not to mention what management might do.

Archived