New Rams' pants

ShaftDu

I never heard that...that's crazy...the guy is nuts...

check out either the most recent ESPN magazine or last week's SI. I wanna say I saw it in the former, though it may have been in the latter.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The white pants that were introduced in 2000 were only worn in the SD preseason game. The blue pants that were introduced in 2000 were never worn in either preseason or regular season. Both pants were permanently ditched by Martz because he felt the tapered half-stripes made the players look as if they were wearing swords on their belts, pirate-style. Seeing as how they had just played a very contentious NFC title game with the Bucs, the last thing he wanted is for the Rams to look like pirates. The white and blue alt pants were introduced in 2003 with the Rams wearing the blue ones a couple of times with their white jerseys and opting not to wear the white ones at all.

well, Mad Mike's a superstitious guy...heck, he recently "convinced" Jeff Smoker to change from 9 to 15 cus 9 sounds like the Japanese word for pain (or something like that)

I never heard that...that's crazy...the guy is nuts...

In my mind, he's got one more season...he can either get all my respect and support back, or he can lose it all completely and probably for good...not to mention what management might do.

I really like Martz. I think he's made some questionable decisions, of course, and is fairly inconsistent, but there aren't many better options out there. I've always been a huge Martz guy, even when he basically ran Warner out.

spikes.jpg

I did them up in the official PANTONE Textile colors as well:

StLouisRams_Pants_Textiles.gif

All I know is that these are official...whether or not the team actually produces all of them each year is a mystery to me.

Like the Jaguars' Teal pants, some of these things are available, but not necessarily worn...

I did them up in the official PANTONE Textile colors as well:

StLouisRams_Pants_Textiles.gif

All I know is that these are official...whether or not the team actually produces all of them each year is a mystery to me.

Like the Jaguars' Teal pants, some of these things are available, but not necessarily worn...

interesting that you mention the teal pants for the Jags, I remember last year seeing in both Madden and 2k5 previews Jags wearing them. They had no stripes.

i also saw some interesting things on the madden previews. here they are.......browns go back to the striped socks as well as the ravens and the chargers on the road, chargers also wearing black cleats. the saints go back to the all black pants , the jags wearing and all teal pant with the jag head on the hip like the black ones.

i also saw some interesting things on the madden previews. here they are.......browns go back to the striped socks as well as the ravens and the chargers on the road, chargers also wearing black cleats. the saints go back to the all black pants , the jags wearing and all teal pant with the jag head on the hip like the black ones.

I don't think the Saints "go back" to the black pants in Madden '06 because I don't think they changed them to gold in Madden 2005.

Also, look closely at the Cowboys helmet stripe in this screenshot. Doesn't it look blue-silver-white-silver-blue as opposed to the actual blue-white-blue?

Madden06_4ngc_640x240.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I like the blue pants with the white unis.

One thing I notice when looking at these 3 all together is that they don't even look like they would be variations of the same uniform set. They are so different from eachother as opposed to some pant variations that just vary in pant or stripe color.

I pretty much like just the gold. I think the reason you don't see any consistancy in them, is that they have no striping on their jersey or helmet that really defines what needs to go on the pants. Pretty much, as long as the stripes aren't seperated, anything works.

I don't think the Saints "go back" to the black pants in Madden '06 because I don't think they changed them to gold in Madden 2005.

Also, look closely at the Cowboys helmet stripe in this screenshot. Doesn't it look blue-silver-white-silver-blue as opposed to the actual blue-white-blue?

Madden06_4ngc_640x240.jpg

It looks blue-silver-white-silver-blue to me.

But then again it also looks like Al Harris is wearing a visor which I'm pretty sure he's never done.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Here is a comparison of the two different Teal pants listed by the Jaguars as "official"...again, these are in PANTONE Textile colors:

JacksonvilleJaguars_TealPantsCompare_TEX.gif

The pants with the stripes were listed through the 2003 season...the ones on the right (no stripes, logo) have been listed since 2004.

it is interesting how in college during the 90's how the no stripe look was all the rage thanks to FSU. I recall like almost every team having it. Then the Rams taking a chance with it with their gold pants. Only the Saints, Jags, and Ravens took it to the pros. I am kind of glad it didn't become a fad in the NFL.

it is interesting how in college during the 90's how the no stripe look was all the rage thanks to FSU. I recall like almost every team having it. Then the Rams taking a chance with it with their gold pants. Only the Saints, Jags, and Ravens took it to the pros. I am kind of glad it didn't become a fad in the NFL.

Personally I don't like it, I think it's a college look. Professional teams should have stripes on their pants. Stripes on the Rams' gold pants would look very good IMO.

I'm glad it didn't catch on in the NFL too! If it did, the next thing we would have seen is NFL players not wearing socks or cutting off the jerseys so their beer guts hang out. <_<

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Here is a comparison of the two different Teal pants listed by the Jaguars as "official"...again, these are in PANTONE Textile colors:

JacksonvilleJaguars_TealPantsCompare_TEX.gif

The pants with the stripes were listed through the 2003 season...the ones on the right (no stripes, logo) have been listed since 2004.

It's almost like the Zen question about trees falling in the woods...

"If a team changes the design on its pants, but no one ever sees them or wears them, does the change matter at all?" :blink:

[i just blew my own mind.]

:ninja:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

It's almost like the Zen question about trees falling in the woods...

"If a team changes the design on its pants, but no one ever sees them or wears them, does the change matter at all?" :blink:

[i just blew my own mind.]

:ninja:

:lol::lol::lol:

If I recall, the Rams wore Blue pants (with a White & Gold stripe) on the road for 1 or 2 games (Giants & Seahawks??) in 2003.

I'll try to find a pic.

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

Archived