Goalies

OB33

ALL TIME-Dryden

last 20 years-Hasek

future-Luongo

luongo needs to get off the gull darn panthers before he can reach his true great potential.

Seeing the net flutter behind Roberto Luongo in overtime, 1999, Winnipeg, Gold Medal Game of the World Junior's ranks near the top of the most disappointing sporting moments I've ever witnessed. That one hurt.

That said, I'd have to agree that Luongo is one of the best goalies to come along in a while (and he's a part of a pretty good generation, including Fleury in Pittsburgh, Denis in Columbus, and a host of others).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

i think that a goalie that we are all forgeting is Grant Fuhr

yeah..and Fuhr had some nice goal support in front of him during his run...the Oilers would put up 6 and he'd allow 5...he wasnt even the best goalie on his team....Moog outplayed him and then Ranford did....he had a few decent years later in Buffalo and StLouis..but please dont ever bring up his name in a discussion of great Keepers....might as well say Rob Brown was a big time foward after riding on Marios tail for that 1 awesome year....please

FishNChips_200.jpg

by the way thanks OB33 for putting my name in the topic.

:hockeysmiley:

No problem, just make sure to keep the GAA under 3 ;)

While I'm here I might as well ask this, why no love for the Dominator? Granted, I'm not a huge hockey expert and I still think Roy was better but he does have a Stanley Cup ring and a couple Vezinas to his credit.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

i had Dom as the best overall fromthe last 20 years...

Oh yeah :sleepy:

Well you know what they say ability to read is the first thing to go. :P

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Best ever: Roy

Best imrovement I've seen: Brian Eklund; sloppy ECHL back up, to best in ECHL, then full time AHL #1 all in 3 seasons (one of those being his back up year)

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived