A new program...at least for me

KCScout76

I just got Adobe 10.0, a $400 program, but I got it for $89-educational discount (I'm a teacher).  I'm starting out slow, reading the manual and all - I am going to play around with the program for a few days and I am sure I'll have a few questions for the "graphic Warriors" as you all are the experts.

I'd like to say, "I'll be pumpin' out all kinds of stuff" in the next few days, but I'll be realistic.  It might take me a week or so, I have football camp all this week (I am the head 8th grade football coach for Raytown South Middle School_Cardinals) so I'll be pretty busy.

Be patient with me if I have any questions -

Sincerely,

KCScout76 - the rookie! :P

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Like somebody (I think it was hockeygator) said, draw hearts...it's a good way to learn how to accurately do curves and stuff. Illustrator can take a while to learn...I learned it in my design class first semester, finally got it 2 months ago, and basically had to re-learn the whole thing. Have fun  :)

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Ok, I'll start with lesson 1:  drawing hearts.  Sounds like a good place to start.  Thanks StL, I may drop a line or two your way if I get stuck.  

Honestly,  after reading the first part of the manuel I am thinking about buying the CD learners guide for it, $40.  I hope before X-mas I can do some cool stuff.

Thanks for the support guys! :D

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I have to agree with NewYawkSeahawk, learn the keyboard shortcuts.  They save so much time, and make working with Illustrator so much easier.  Another thing I do is try to recreate logos I find on the internet.  I save the images to my PC, then open them in Illustrator and use the pen tool to recreate them by tracing.  I will have to say that regardless of what book you read, or what class you take, practice is what will make you better.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

Another thing I do is try to recreate logos I find on the internet. I save the images to my PC, then open them in Illustrator and use the pen tool to recreate them by tracing. I will have to say that regardless of what book you read, or what class you take, practice is what will make you better.

That's also what I've been doing to learn.  A great side-effect of this is that it gives you vectorized versions of logos that you don't have to credit anyone for because you drew them yourself.

Thanks for teh help guys... i Have had 10 for awhile... mine umm "feel off a truck" lol... so I have been teaching my self very very very slowly compared to how fast i picked up Photoshop... which i do most of my work in... i plan on using my illustartotr much more as well... plus i recently come into contact with PSP 8... any suggestions which is better?

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I use Illustrator for all of my designs. I only use Photoshop if I am going to print a flyer or something along that line, and I never did like PSP. There are tons of plug-ins for Photoshop that do great things, so I would stick with that and Illustrator for your designs.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

:) Thanks Graphic Warriors, I hope to be creating some good stuff in the near future.  I appreciate all the input and info.

Have a great day!

Archived