Hartford whalers baseball

omnivore

I'm bringing the Whalers back - but a la the Colorado Rockies -they're going to be a baseball team in my league.

Can anyone dream up what a logo should look like?

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

no, I don't actually have proof that they are supposed to be sticks.  It just always appeared that way to me.  I thought I remembered something about this an extremely long time ago in some "great logos" thread in which all the elements of the Whalers logo came up and were discussed.  

The sticks might not be an intentional part of the design, but it just looks like stick blades to me.

I made a logo for the team... Whalers Logo

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

It works better than the Whalers hockey logo circa the 1970s. I mean, they're the Whalers, so technically we ought to have some savage dude with a harpoon...but, I dunno, I like the cute whale dude... revisionist history? sure...

Eh, it's not bad, though the ball looks just thrown in there.

Yeah, I need to fix that. That was rough work at 4am. The Whale doesn't integrate well either...but i'll make it better.

Archived