New contest idea

ChrisBright27

With the create-a-school and iron x-over contests already going, I came up with an idea for another contest. I was thinking about a contest to be set up like the others, to see who could come up with the best modernization of a team that no longer exists(i.e. St. Louis Browns, Houston Oilers). I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on this are and who'd want to enter. If there aren't enough people who want to do it, i won't set it up so, if you would like to participate in the contest please be sure to let me know.

I don't know about everybody else, but I think there are enough contests already. The Webdav Challenge, Shark's Iron X-Over and Discrim's Create-a-school are enough for me. It's a good idea, but with the 3 contests already going...I don't think many people would enter.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

i think we need more contests because you don't HAVE to enter them all, you can choose. i love this idea and will definitely enter. i don't even like the webdav challenge and create a school. i think the best is the x-over.

gms and 49er won't enter because they are scared.  :P

Vancouver 2010 Two Man Luge Gold Medalist.

http://www.geocities.com/oilfaninvan

I agree with ChrisBright27 about not having to enter every contest, but I don't like the way all the contest push the other post farther down.  My solution: make another forum that was just for contest, for all the post about rules, evaluations and polls.  That will also clean up this board, and leave only logo questions, projects and concepts.  What do you guys think?

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

I think its a great idea! But I also agree we are a bit bogged down with contests right now! Maybe discrim will use it sometime in the future, as he seems up for running regular competitions, or maybe he'll take a break one month to let you do it!

I think there are two ways of doing it basically!

1/ Make any defunct team fair game and let contestants choose who to design for

or

2/ As Shark does for Iron Crossover pick one and let everyone do the same team!

Rules would need to be set re stuff like is a logo update mandatory and how many uniforms need designing (home, road and alt??) but other than that the contests seem to run themselves pretty much!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Yea there's too many contest going one. I have an idea for a contest too. It would be an internation concept challange, a country and a sport is picked and you would have to a concept for it. There is too many now so I won't start it untill some of these other contest die down and the board isn't flooded with it. I don't want the board to be like reality tv and have every post be a contest.

When I posted this I hadn't read where Discrim planned to continue create-a-school. I was under the impression that it was a one time thing. With create-a-school continueing, I agree that there's really too many contests going to add another one. However, I may go ahead and start the contest and post the rules but not set a definate deadline for awhile(I'm planning on this as a one-time-only thing). That way, everyone can focus primarily on the other contests and not feel rushed to put an entry into this one. Any thoughts on this idea?

Now, if we had a different forum just for the contests, sure. Go nuts with another one. But, if we're keeping the contests on this board, then I'd say no because you have both the contest thread and the poll thread pushing other threads down...and ditto GMS: I ain't never scared :D

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

When I posted this I hadn't read where Discrim planned to continue create-a-school. I was under the impression that it was a one time thing.

the topic (create-a-school) is a one shot deal, but i am doing another contest, the gist of which i am keeping quiet about until sunday night but will give you fellas a challenge.  anyway, i was meaning to enter oilfan's contest but like everone else, slipped my mind.  there are a lot now, with webdav, shark, now me...heck, after this one, i'm probably gonna lay off for a few weeks til i come up with something else and leave weeklys to shark, monthlies to webdav.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived