Found this on Finishline.com

Geoff

Anytime a team replaces a pointless, hard to read dropshadow with a clean look I am very pleased.

I don't like the shoulder stripes so much, but the jersey is much improved otherwise.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Add in some underarm/side striping and you have the Louisville Patriots!

I guess it makes sense, I think the Patriots wore adidas when that style was introduced, so it must still live in the adidas stock font library somewhere.

It's cleaner, but I think the outlines should be heavier so the numbers stand out more on the jersey. And how new is that picture? It has the old Big East logo patch on the shoulder.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

And how new is that picture? It has the old Big East logo patch on the shoulder.

I don't think that is what the Cardinals will be wearing, though I could be wrong. The reason I say this is because I found this jersey LAST YEAR at footballfanatics.com:

748029762669-xl.jpg

I was excited to think they were using that Patriots font, but then disappointed when I realized they never changed in 2004.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think Louisville has always done a great job with the use of yellow on their football uniforms - it gives the numbers a little pop, and now that they've dropped the drop shadow, it looks even better.

Add in some underarm/side striping and you have the Louisville Patriots!

I guess it makes sense, I think the Patriots wore adidas when that style was introduced, so it must still live in the adidas stock font library somewhere.

It's cleaner, but I think the outlines should be heavier so the numbers stand out more on the jersey. And how new is that picture? It has the old Big East logo patch on the shoulder.

You'd be right on that...the current Pats unis were an adidas design that Reebok co-opted when they got the exclusive for the NFL Properties...

Personally, I like the Pats look (even though I can't stand the team..sorry, Jets fan and all :lol: ), and I think it really translates well for L-Ville's debut in the Big East...

As for the old Big East logo, the new one wasn't officially adopted until the beginning of the month I believe, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that a new jersey design could have the old Big East logo on it....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived