The farm, nfl style

Discrim

okay, first of all i'm gonna congratulate the semipro Racine Raiders for winning against the Forest City Gladiators last night...

second off i announce that my tore up white tshirt is being retired by my high school...okay, i'm kiddin there, now to the meat and potatoes.

You are charged with creating a full uniform set for each of two farm teams in the NFL's/CFL's new minor league system. here are the rules:

-the higher level (Class A) team must be in the same state or a bordering state as the NFL/CFL team you choose. Lower level (Class B) can be in any state/province. Also, I must be able to find the city you use on a map, otherwise i gotta show ya the door.

-you must choose one of the two teams that will use the NFL/CFL team's colors. using the parent team's name and uniform style are optional.

-you may have four available jerseys: home, road, and two alternates are allowed. the alternate may be a team alternate, the parent club's jersey, a holiday uniform, etc.

These are the rules, you know the drill, everything in by next Thursday night, August 21, 10 PM CT, no exceptions. 10 or less, we vote here. More than 10, we vote at my board.

P.S. i wanna congratulate shark on his Johnson Wax commercial, and thank abbey for being cool to roll with :D

you know i'm just playin :;):

now, it's effin showtime!!!

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
P.S. i wanna congratulate shark on his Johnson Wax commercial, and thank abbey for being cool to roll with :D

Well, thanks I guess, no one's ever said that i was cool to roll with, of course, i don't think anyone has ever referred to me as cool  :;):  i think i might give this a try, even if I don' get any votes, it's still fun to try  :) . Hmmmm...now i have to choose a parent club. off to the drawing boards!

Abbey.jpg

I'd like to make 2 suggestions. Niether team should be able to be put in a city already with a NFL or CFL team, and I think two alt jerseys is too many, should be one per team.

suggestion 1: okay.  i only have one argument against it, the Philly Flyers' AHL farmhands, the Phantoms.

suggestion 2: could enforce just one, won't.  reason is it's the minors, some teams have a uniform modeled after the parent club if they aren't already named after the parent team.  then they also usually have some sort of holiday jersey or special occasion jersey...granted, hockey and baseball play more games, but i figured what the hell.  original ruling stands.

2016cubscreamsig.png

1 done, the Santa Fe Broncos (guess who is the parent club?), now to do the Atlantic City Spades.

Also, can both teams use the parent club's colors

yes.  by rule one team must have the parent club's colors, and the other can have any damn scheme they want.  both teams can also have any name and logo they want.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Alright, here are mine, logos and uniforms.

My class A team is the Santa Fe Broncos. Santa Fe is the capitol of New Mexico, which borders Colorado. Thier jersey's are modeled after the Denver broncos.

My class B team is the Atlantic City Spades. Like the Class A team the colors are the same as the Broncos. Because it's a class b team the jersey's are simple. Unlike Santa Fe and Denver orange is the main color.

Here are the uni's and logo. Copy/paste

Santa Fe logo Santa Fe Uni's

Atlantic City Spades Logo Spades Uni's

Hey Discrim, any chance this could be a two weeker? You are asking us to do two teams ya know.

hm, maybe you're right. i'll sleep on it and make a decision in a couple hours.

UPDATE: after sleeping on this decision briefly, and watching the OC on same decision...i have come to a verdict:

The deadline will be moved up a week, so instead of August 14 (this thursday) the deadline will be

August 21

i repeat, August 21.  After all, i am askin ya to do two teams...*goes back to sleep*

2016cubscreamsig.png

In the Saintsfan lair:

Saintsfan (To himself): Mmmmm, an extra week for competitors, very interesting!! This gives me more time to plan some evil plot to destroy the world and play havoc with this discrimibattle!! Excellent!!!!!!!! Mwahahahahahahahahaha

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

In the Saintsfan lair:

Saintsfan (To himself): Mmmmm, an extra week for competitors, very interesting!! This gives me more time to plan some evil plot to destroy the world and play havoc with this discrimibattle!! Excellent!!!!!!!! Mwahahahahahahahahaha

what you smokin man?  cus i want some too :laugh:

2016cubscreamsig.png

In the Saintsfan lair:

what you smokin man? cus i want some too :laugh:

I think I may be getting heatstroke!! We have been having sweltering weather in the UK! Either that or I'm just in an unusually happy mood!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

In the saintsfan lair

Assistant: Master, the farm style discrimibattle seems to have dissappeared!

Saintsfan: Its okay my little worried one! I have it here! Now all I need you to do is to bump it!

Assistant: BUMP

Saintsfan: Very nice job!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

thanks ya southampton lovin mug :D

two days...hope yall ready for this! :)

the only critique i can offer up is on jkrdevil's broncos farm system.  both teams are using the broncos' color set, and while i'm a little tired of the overuse of the bronco template, santa fe has an excuse here.  teh AC spades remind me of something morgan state would use, as far as everything goes with that.  i'm gettin tired so that's all i got for now.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Presenting ...

The farm teams of the NEW YORK JETS.

Class "A" ? Syracuse Bombers

Class "B" ? Trenton Biplanes

Note that both farm teams have used a piece of the Jets' logo in their own logo ... the Bombers use the little football shape that is under the letters JETS, and the Biplanes use the green oval outline.

Also, both farm teams are types of airplanes, as is the parent team.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived