Lost_limey tweaks the NFL

lost_limey

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here you go, JH42XCC, the New York Giants:

nfceast_newyork.gif

NEXT: Philadelphia Iggles

THEN: The Greatest Team in the History of the Universe! (Okay, Washington Redskins)

Those Giants unis are nice lost_limey. It reminds me of these Giants unis...:

NYGiants70.gif

...except the pants on the road unis are blue and there's a red alternate uniform.

However, I like Unwind23's version the best. (No offense!)

Anyway, they're both pretty good uni concepts!

By the way, why did you call the Redskins "The Greatest Team in the History of the Universe?"

YOZXkBG.png?1

NYGiants70.gif

...except the pants on the road unis are blue and there's a red alternate uniform.

By the way, why did you call the Redskins "The Greatest Team in the History of the Universe?"

Thanks. This concept is heavily inspired by the '86 Giants unis. I don't really care that you fell Unwind23's version is better, he's a much better designer than me. As are most people here, but at least this project is helping me get better with Photoshop.

I called the Redskins that for two reasons. One is that they are undeniably the greatest team in the history of the universe. And the other reason is the same reason that I can't mention the Dallas Cokeboys without a snide comment, and why I'm scouring E-bay for an authentic Arrington 70th anniversary jersey, I'm a Redskisn fan.

NYGiants70.gif

Thanks. This concept is heavily inspired by the '86 Giants unis. I don't really care that you fell Unwind23's version is better, he's a much better designer than me. As are most people here, but at least this project is helping me get better with Photoshop.

I called the Redskins that for two reasons. One is that they are undeniably the greatest team in the history of the universe. And the other reason is the same reason that I can't mention the Dallas Cokeboys without a snide comment, and why I'm scouring E-bay for an authentic Arrington 70th anniversary jersey, I'm a Redskisn fan.

Ha! Cokeboys! Funny!

YOZXkBG.png?1

Hey lost_limey, you got the concepts of your favorite team ready?

Nope, not yet, I'm posting them as I do them.

I do have the concept for my wife's favorite team ready

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES:

nfceast_philadelphia.gif

The Alt is supposed to be a throwback to the 1960 home uniform.

NEXT: WASHINGTON REDSKINS

THEN: HOUSTON TEXANS

Hey lost_limey, you got the concepts of your favorite team ready?

Nope, not yet, I'm posting them as I do them.

I do have the concept for my wife's favorite team ready

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES:

nfceast_philadelphia.gif

The Alt is supposed to be a throwback to the 1960 home uniform.

NEXT: WASHINGTON REDSKINS

THEN: DENVER BRONCOS

That Eagles concept looks awesome!

By the way, your wife loves the Eagles?

YOZXkBG.png?1

That Eagles concept looks awesome!

By the way, your wife loves the Eagles?

Thanks for the kind words.

And, no. My wife loves me, she just happens to also be an Eagles fan. We're going to be in FedEx for the Eagles game this year on our anniversary weekend, both in authentic jerseys...

I am absolutely LOVING the 'Skins unis. From the sweet secondary to the gold pants and those socks! One teeny, tiny, little nit-picky thing though...why no gold trim on the burgundy jersey or burgundy trim on the white jerseys?

Not that it has anything to do with your concept, but I've never understood why the Head logo is inside a circle with feathers when it looks so good without it.

Anyway, top notch tweaks of our favorite team. I would definitely rock that jersey with pride!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I am absolutely LOVING the 'Skins unis. From the sweet secondary to the gold pants and those socks! One teeny, tiny, little nit-picky thing though...why no gold trim on the burgundy jersey or burgundy trim on the white jerseys?

Because I based these heavily on the 70th Anniversary Jersey, which doesn't have the trim. I did use the current colors because I prefer them, and the head on the helmet for the same reason.

Well, I've now officially got more teams finished than I have left to do, as I'm posting the Houston Texans

afcsouth_houston.gif

NEXT: Indianapolis Colts

THEN: Jacksonville Jaguars

(Note, I'm struggling to think of something for both teams, so it might be a while)

Not that it has anything to do with your concept, but I've never understood why the Head logo is inside a circle with feathers when it looks so good without it.

Anyway, top notch tweaks of our favorite team. I would definitely rock that jersey with pride!

This is purely speculation based on The Helmet Project's pictures, but I would guess it's the last holdover from the short time that Vince Lombardi was the coach. It started out with just simply an "R" in the circle, then it changed to the Indian head in 1972.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I am absolutely LOVING the 'Skins unis.  From the sweet secondary to the gold pants and those socks!  One teeny, tiny, little nit-picky thing though...why no gold trim on the burgundy jersey or burgundy trim on the white jerseys?

Anyway, top notch tweaks of our favorite team.  I would definitely rock that jersey with pride!

This is purely speculation based on The Helmet Project's pictures, but I would guess it's the last holdover from the short time that Vince Lombardi was the coach. It started out with just simply an "R" in the circle, then it changed to the Indian head in 1972.

No, that makes perfect sense to me. I remember that logo, but they should either get rid of the feathers on the circle or get rid of the circle with the feathers altogether and just leave the head...

Sorry to hijack your thread lost_limey...I really like those Texans blues! Kinda reminds me of Da Bears a little, and that's a good thing. I agree with sekuloguy about the titans stripes. Division rivals, plus that new team/old city thing...weird.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived