Process of End Zone Logo Painting

BroadSt_Bully

Thought this might be of interest... Penn State re-designed their end zone artwork for this season and today they're starting the process of painting it in the south end zone. You can watch it live on the Beaver Stadium web cam.

http://www.pennlive.com/nittanylioncams/stadium/

Just select "S End Zone" in the pull-down menu to pan over there. Right now they're laying down some sort of grid pattern.

Actually, the field is natural grass and is widely regarded as the best natural playing surface for football in the world.

I didn't mean for anyone to literally sit and watch this for hours on end. I thought it would be cool to check in every hour or so to see the progress and what all is involved with putting a logo on a sports field.

Actually, the field is natural grass and is widely regarded as the best natural playing surface for football in the world.

I didn't mean for anyone to literally sit and watch this for hours on end. I thought it would be cool to check in every hour or so to see the progress and what all is involved with putting a logo on a sports field.

Oops! :blush: I must have read the wrong topic..... I was also reading about the Colts turf while I was reading this and got the two mixed up :lol:

I saw, I came, I left.

You are 100% correct about the PSU field. It's amazing. When we played there in 1999, I was in awe. Each blade of grass was like silk. It was amazing. I ran and cutted on the field, it was much better than the crap we had at Michigan Stadium. The PSU surface is even 100 times better than the Field Turf. It's surreal.

spikes.jpg

Archived