Arizona Cardinals concept

dgnmrwrw

These are a slight change to the new Arizona uniforms. A few thoughts I had:

1) I hate the pants stripe they chose. I think the shape is really strange, and I hate how it almost never aligns with the side stripe on the jersey during game situations.

2) I used to love their white helmet, but I think it looks completely out of place when paired with the new unis.

3) I absolutely HATE shoulder yokes in most any situation, and I think the red shoulders on the white jersey for the Cards looked really bad.

So here's try number 1. This is very much still a work in progress, so C+C highly welcome.

Arizona.gif

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Not bad. I like the red helmet, but would remove the black stripe and make the facemask eitehr black or red (i have no love whatsoever for grey masks).

Otherwise I think it is pretty good.

I wish they'd have done a red helmet.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like these better than the current set for the reasons that you stated, and also because it doesn't have their logo above the name on the back of the jersey or "Arizona" above the number on the front. Not sure about the black pants though. I would just ditch the alts.

Great stuff! The red helmets look better than I'd have thought. Not sure about just a black stripe. Consider thin (OK, very thin) gold stripes bordering the black. The red is so dark that there isn't a sharp distinction between the black and the red.

I'm with you on the yokes; :puke: ! The only thing is, I'm not sure what you're left with at the edges of the sleeves. Kinda Falconsesque, but less defined. Ditching the yokes leaves you some freedom to tweak here as well.

The road socks need a little something else besides the thin black stripe at the very top. Although a black facemask would set off these helmets, big time.

Black pants... they look OK, but I don't know that the Cards should go that way. It would bring them closer to the Falcons, which I don't think is their intent.

One general thought: gold is dramatically underused. Striping? Outlining? It's a sharp trim color, but it's being wasted just on the bird's beak.

Well done; these are an upgrade over the upgrade they've got now.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Thanks for the feedback.

VitaminD, I agree with just about everything you said, especially about the use of black. I plan to ditch the black pants. I'm also gonna give it a shot with more gold/yellow. But I'm gonna try to be VERY conservative so that they don't start leaning toward the 49ers.

OK, here's the update. My changes got a little out of hand; I ended up changing much more that I thought I was going to, and I also added more yellow that I thought I would. But I think they are much better. And (though I usually don't like the UNIforms), I really like the all-red combination.

Arizona2.gif

The addition of yellow makes a big difference. I'm really not liking the red helmet and black or yellow wouldn't work at all. Overall, good work.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Lovin' the addition of the yellow. But ya know what, the gray is not nearly as bad as I had pictured. You did it well.

Still lukewarm on the red/red monochromes, but we don't that many Cards games on TV here so I won't have to endure it all that much.

The only places I'd dump the yellow on your tweak is outlining the logo and the helmet stripe. You don't even need a helmet stripe; the red color works by itself.

Lookin' really good!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived