New Temple Uni's

BigMac12

The numbers would need to have a thicker pinline internally, since the line in the "T" is fairly thick.

All in all, these are a massive upgrade. This is another example of how a college sold out its history for a shot at some extra cash. "Fight! Fight! Fight! For the Cherry and White!" goes the fight song. No mention of black. And it doesn't go so well with cherry lettering and numbering... but it didn't stop TU from throwing black everywhere in their look.

It's a shame they just can't build a program. They used to give out TU football tickets when I was in high school. And no one took them, unless a good school came to town (UM, Va Tech, Syracuse). You could hear individual heckles echo around the Vet.

I would hope they'd drop the all-white practice pants. Put some life into 'em!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

From the Temple-Arizona State game:

Major downgrade!

Have to respectfully disagree on this one! :D

I think this is a great look for them. Simple and clean. Only thing I'd do differently would be to add the striping onto the pants.

Now, if only they could get a team...

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

these look really awful. how anyone can see those as an upgrade is beyond me.

btw, did tulsa get new uniforms??

You think the new Temple unis are awful?

About the only criticism I can think of that some may level against them is that they're too conservative and/or traditional. But awful? Sorry, I reserve that for the Nike swoosh garbage unis.

I like the pants stripes idea, but misunderstanding what sacker12 meant gave me an idea. Since Temple's "T" has always had the thin stripe inside it (like the old Blue Jays' font), why not make the numbers something similar to match the logo?

Either way, Temple finally LOOKS like a I-A team. They may not play that way, but they look that way.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like the pants stripes idea, but misunderstanding what sacker12 meant gave me an idea. Since Temple's "T" has always had the thin stripe inside it (like the old Blue Jays' font), why not make the numbers something similar to match the logo?

Either way, Temple finally LOOKS like a I-A team. They may not play that way, but they look that way.

I love that split-lettering style. It's one of the reasons I love Villanova's b-ball uni's. I wish they would do it with their football numbers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived