Scott Stevens to sit out Season

jkrdevil

Scott Stevens has announced that he will sit out this season. He has not said he is retiring and is leaving the option of coming back in 06-07. However I think he is retiring and is doing something like Don Mattingly did in '96 with the Yankees, and is just leaving an option out there. Stevens will stay on within the Devils organization. Looks like we have seen the last of one of the greatest defensemen in NHL history and a certain 1st ballot Hall of Famer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2153376

Tough loss for the Devils...and the NHL.

Granted I'm the furthest thing from a Devs fan (seeing my fave team is that one that's just across the Lincoln Tunnel from the Meadowlands ;) ), but Stevens is one of the 2 Devils I respect (the other being that Brodeur fellow in goal)...

Gonna miss seeing those hits from the 7th Level Of Hell he'd lay out on some poor unsuspecting schmuck that had his head down....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

ESPNEWS is saying he announced his retirement. I am so flippin' confused right now.

Let me sleep on it, Baby, Baby, let me sleep on it.

Let me sleep on it and I'll give you an answer in the morning.

I listened to too much Q this weekend. B)

njd.gifnym.gifpats3gr8.jpg

Damn, that really sucks for this year's team but at least we finally have an answer on his future. Bets of luck to him in his new role with the team (whatever it is).

So, Niedermayer's gone, Stevens retired, and Elias... yeah. Who's the captain now, Madden?

njd.gifnym.gifpats3gr8.jpg

He didnt play the last half of 03/04 eitehr so he would be coming back from a cuncussion to so ghe may not veen be in playing shape any more plus he is 40 so its not a shock.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Damn, that really sucks for this year's team but at least we finally have an answer on his future. Bets of luck to him in his new role with the team (whatever it is).

So, Niedermayer's gone, Stevens retired, and Elias... yeah. Who's the captain now, Madden?

Yea, Madden is the logical choice with those 3 gone or out.

As a Flyers fan, I always feared seeing #4 out there, but I will miss him. There aren't too many left like Scott Stevens in the NHL. I've got nothing but respect for him, but I guess it's his time. Better to go out on his terms than be forced out by another injury or poor play...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived