Where are the Hornets

Dilbert

The Hornets are close on a deal to playing many if not all of their games at the Ford Center in Oklahoma City.

In other news The Charlotte Bobcats despite having a new arena built still have less season tickets sold than the Hornets did in their last season in Charlotte.

Signature intentionally left blank

I agree that St. Louis deserves one, but I've always believed the league was extremely upset about Shinn's move. Yje Carolinas, especially North, have become a basketball hot bed, and there's no doubt the Hornets would have been better staying there. The NBA knew the fanbase better than Shinn, I think, and felt they needed an expansion ASAP. I really believe, though, that the Hornets are either KC or STL bound, so you might get your wish. Either would serve them better than NO, and most were skeptical about New Orleans in the first place when they originally moved.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I don't understand why St.Louis didn't make some kind of play for the Hornets this year.

Maybe conflicts with hockey but it seems that could have been worked out.

They won't draw well in OKC.

My guess is St Louis wants a permanent team.

I've noticed nba.com is listing the Hornets as the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets now.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

From everything in the KC newspaper it sounds like they want NHL only in the Sprint Center. I don't think they are excluding the NBA, but it's not as much of a priority for AEG. Though if Shinn wants to move them from New Orleans, I'm sure KC will be in the fray.

St. Louis won't get a team simply because the Blues ownership is up in the air right now. I don't see them being a player for an NBA franchise till that is resolved.

OKC will not last as a permanent home for the Hornets.

This all sounds like what KC used to have. KC/Omaha Kings. Now we have the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets.

"Aaaaaaaand now the starting lineup for YOUR New Orleans Hornets of Oklahoma City and sometimes Baton Rouge!"

It will be very interesting to see where they end up. Due to their new Western Conference affiliation, I am assuming they're looking in the midwest and KC, MO would be as good a choice as any, . They could even keep the name Hornets, as apprently the Bald Faced Hornet is a commonly found insect in Missouri. (That's kind of appropriate since many Charlottans think owner George Shinn is a bald faced liar :D.)

I would love to see that team move to either KC, St. Louis (and be renamed the Spirit :D), San Diego, or Cincinnati, since all 4 have once had NBA teams. New blood is great and all, but Oklahoma City? Come on, now!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The rumors have it that either the Hornets or the Magic will end up moving to the Sprint Center in KC. Not sure which will end up there, but with the circumstances, the Hornets are probably who I'd put money on.

VmWIn6B.png

The rumors have it that either the Hornets or the Magic will end up moving to the Sprint Center in KC. Not sure which will end up there, but with the circumstances, the Hornets are probably who I'd put money on.

The Magic? Wow. Why?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Oklahoma City can and would support an NBA team if the Hornets relocate there on a permanent basis. It would be the state's only major professional sports team in a sports crazy market with a 1 million person metro area and a sufficient economic base to support a viable core of season ticket holders and luxury suite owners.

Although I would love to see my hometown of St. Louis become a 4 sport town for the first time since the day I was born (the St. Louis Hawks played their last NBA game on April 2, 1968), I think the pro sports market here is saturated and with the shrinking corporate presence in St. Louis, there is not a sufficient economic base to support a sufficient season ticket or luxury box core.

Archived