Jets and Giants to build new stadium

DEAD!

Irrespective of what Woody wants, aren't most Jet fans from Long Island? All my wife's family is from North Jersey, and they're Giants fans. My brother-in-law is from Connecticut, and they're Giants fans. All my mom's family comes from Queens/Staten Island/Long Island, and they're Jets fans. If the Mets vacate Shea, why don't the Jets move there, fill in the outfield, and call it home?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Irrespective of what Woody wants, aren't most Jet fans from Long Island? All my wife's family is from North Jersey, and they're Giants fans. My brother-in-law is from Connecticut, and they're Giants fans. All my mom's family comes from Queens/Staten Island/Long Island, and they're Jets fans. If the Mets vacate Shea, why don't the Jets move there, fill in the outfield, and call it home?

Because Shea is a dump and the Jets deserve better... :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Yes, most Jets fans are from Queens and Long Island. There are more Jets fans in NJ now because the team has played there for abotu 20 years now, however North Jersey is primarily Giants fans as the Giants have played there longer and pretty much had that area before Giants Stadium because they played at Yankee Stadium.

As far as Shea, the new Mets Stadium I believe will be built on the same site as the Current Stadium so they will probably have to knock it down. And considering the Jets moved out 20 years ago partly because it isn't the greatest football stadium I doubt they want to move back.

Again, the owner doesn't want a stadium in Queens. It's his money so he going to get what he wants. Now that Manhattan is dead they want to stay in New Jersey.

• 2 months later...
I'm sorry, but STILL sharing a stadium is really stupid.

oddly enough, in the Australian Football League, this type of arrangement makes perfect $en$e, if you get my drift. only one of the 10 Melbourne-area clubs uses its own oval (that being Geelong...the rest split matches between Telstra Dome and the MCG), and the only other clubs who are the lone footy-playing tenants of their stadiums are Sydney and Brisbane...who are also the only AFL sides in their respective cities.

Geelong is a bit further away from Melbourne than you think. I think it's 50 miles. That's probably why they do have their own stadium. They do have "home" games in Melbourne when they have a night game designated as a home game I believe.

yeh the Cattery is like a 45min drive from the City, used to take hours but since they have put a tunnel from the South East through to the West Gate, and yeh every team bar Geelong, Brissie Lions and the Swans share a stadium but Geelong play 3 or 4 home games at Telstra Dome so they can make money on games that feature high-crowd-drawing teams like Essendon, Collingwood, Calrton maybe and St Kilda (yes the St Kilda-Geelong rivalry had taken off over the past few years)!

anyway we are talkin a new stadium here....so i was on NY Jets on the WWW and looked at a few pics....i saw whats in the background and i know where i'd be if in NY, Meadowlands Racecourse! yep just bet away at the horses!

The stadium looks pretty cool, i guess so do all stadiums when drawn by artists before being built

plaza_1.jpg

tailgate_1.jpg

arial_view_2.jpg

not too bad a stadium

arial_view_1.jpg

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

is the new stadium on the same site as the old one?

Yes, the new Giants stadium is at the meadowlands. Based on the drawing posted it look lke it will be built next to the current stadium and that one will be torn down for parking. The new stadium in the drawing looks to be closer to the racetrack than the current one is.

So when the new one is built and they tear down the old one they may be able to find Jimmy Hoffa's body.

Xandu is a tax payer boondogle thrown at Bergan County for losing the Arena to Newark,. Its an amusment park shopping megamall complex which is going to be owned by the state, at tax payer expeense.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived