unbelieveable Cardinals

In 5..4..3..2..1

Bouj I think you are missing the point the team does not have the jerseys . The authentics are available to the fans in fact i know a couple of people who have the new red Boldin jersey.

I get what you're saying. I'm just saying there is a precedent for this sort of thing. Whether it's the fault of the team or Reebok as to why they can't get a team set of uniforms, it just serves to make the Cardinals look second-class. Not that they need any help.

It's completely possible that Reebok manufactured a batch of Boldin authentics, shipped them, and assumed they'd have enough material in time to be able to make more for the season. It's poor planning on their part though. Reebok might have known that the Cardinals wouldn't need the red jersey set until game #-whatever, so they procrasinated. I'm just guessing. Who screwed up here? The Cards? Reebok? Someone else? It's an interesting topic.

NFL Shop is selling the Cardinals authentics. Maybe the team should place an order there since Reebok can't get it together....

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. Here's the story on the Wranglers' 1984 Red jerseys:

The Wranglers changed from Blue to Red between 1983 and 1984. Because the USFL front office mandated that each team give a full season's notice before making full jersey color changes (they thought they were going to be around a while), the Wranglers were forced to wear White all season.

I know this, because in 1984, I had a long phone conversation with the Wranglers' GM about this very issue.

There's a lot of speculation about this on the internet, but this is the FINAL WORD.

I dunno, man. I guess I'll take your word for it, but with George Allen being buddies with Richard Nixon and everything, it causes one to think . . .

:P

An update of sorts...

I've been PM'ing the Assistant Trainer with the Cardinals - he's a regular on one of the Cards' message boards. His explanation is that the whole White jersey vs. Red jersey-thing is purely a matter of the Cardinals preferring White at home early in the season (heat), and other home teams preferring dark jerseys at home.

He isn't aware of any problems with the Red jerseys.

And, if you look at a number of pics on the Cardinals' website, the players typically wear the Red jerseys when out in the community or making public appearances. So, they're getting worn there...

I'll update this if I hear anything else, but I'm starting to think this whole rumor is just that - a rumor.

The "authentics" aren't close to the onfield jerseys and are typically made from completely different materials. "Authentics" are made in El Salvador or Korea, while game jerseys are made here in the US.

Close...On-Field jerseys are made in Canada. Always have been.

So, will we see the throwback alts for the Cowboy game? So sad that the Cards don't have those jersey, it's almost as embarassing as the 49ers losing to them. *cries under a paper bag ovewr my head*

NO, the boys will not wear the throwbacks (will not be seen again until 11/24). The Navy BLue ones, however I am not sure about.

The "authentics" aren't close to the onfield jerseys and are typically made from completely different materials. "Authentics" are made in El Salvador or Korea, while game jerseys are made here in the US.

Close...On-Field jerseys are made in Canada. Always have been.

No all NFL on-field jerseys are manufactured in the US. Most are made in Berlin, Wisconsin. Others are made in Nashville TN (Wilson) and Perry, NY (ACO), but according to NFL releases, every NFL on-field jersey in made in the US.

All of the gamers in my collection (3 Cowboys, 1 Giants, 2 Titans) came from gthe Berlin, WI factory, per the tag on the inside of the bottom part of the jersey.

Thanks for the info Pantone. Right after you posted that I saw a commercial on NFL Network with Warner,Boldin and Berry wearing the red jerseys. Since then i've seen a couple of pictures of the Cardinals players doing community service around Arizona in the red jerseys so this was a bad internet rumor i spread over here sorry guys.

Archived