unbelieveable Cardinals

In 5..4..3..2..1

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but the grey facemasks really have to go. Now that you guys are saying that they are keeping their old uniform for throwback purposes, I am even more convinced. The grey lovers will still get to see the old facemasks once or twice a year. That should be enough. The rest of us shouldn't have to suffer. The Cards are a red or black facemask away from having really nice uniforms. Until they make that change, they look awful.

Gray facemasks work better. They look better. They should be mandatory for all teams....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this topic has been beaten to death, but the grey facemasks really have to go. Now that you guys are saying that they are keeping their old uniform for throwback purposes, I am even more convinced. The grey lovers will still get to see the old facemasks once or twice a year. That should be enough. The rest of us shouldn't have to suffer. The Cards are a red or black facemask away from having really nice uniforms. Until they make that change, they look awful.

Gray facemasks work better. They look better. They should be mandatory for all teams....

How do they work better?

They certainly don't look better. They need to make it red, IMO.

I'll put the blame on Reebok for this one, especially given the NHL's current goalie jersey fiasco.  3 exclusive league uni contracts, and they can't get their stuff together.

I've heard the NHL isn't approving anything that reebok is doing. They (reebok) is having a really rough time getting anything completed because of this.

Doesn't explain the Cardinals situation.

is this because the logo on the back of the jerseys is about 5 inches long?

I'll put the blame on Reebok for this one, especially given the NHL's current goalie jersey fiasco.  3 exclusive league uni contracts, and they can't get their stuff together.

I've heard the NHL isn't approving anything that reebok is doing. They (reebok) is having a really rough time getting anything completed because of this.

Is it really that much bigger than the CCM logo that was on there?

http://www.jrlightning.org/TBLightning/1024X768.jpg

http://rbk.imageg.net/graphics/product_ima...1-2174379dt.jpg

does that mean the cowboys wil wear their disregarded blues?

Be sure to pick up the new album from Drew Bledsoe, "Disregarded Blues."

Not available in stores.

For good reason.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This reminds me of a similar, but opposite, situation with the Houston Rockets two years ago. Reebok only supplied the team with uniforms, and it was a full 6 weeks before the new Red/White/Grey jerseys were in stores. The issue was with the material. Reebok was using this new jersey material that hadn't been produced in enough quantities to make authentics and replicas for sale to the general public. Reebok only had enough of the stuff to supply the Rockets with their team sets.

It all went back to the manufacturer in whatever foreign country the material is made in.

Reebok probably can't get a hold of the material because of something similar. Whatever, I'm not buying one anyway.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

So, will we see the throwback alts for the Cowboy game? So sad that the Cards don't have those jersey, it's almost as embarassing as the 49ers losing to them. *cries under a paper bag ovewr my head*

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Somehow I doubt the team doesn't have them with all the ones that are in stores.

It's still 100 degrees here in PHX. Would you want to wear dark jerseys for your games or make the other team wear them?

I think its more of a comfort issue than anything.

Is it really that much bigger than the CCM logo that was on there?

http://www.jrlightning.org/TBLightning/1024X768.jpg

http://rbk.imageg.net/graphics/product_ima...1-2174379dt.jpg

The CCM logo is longer, but should be smaller as well.

I knew someone would bring that up, because CCM kind of started that (not as bad as tackla putting their logo up and down sleeves in the 80s) but either way, its gaudy.

Man, what is it with Arizona pro football teams not being able to get red jerseys delivered on time? Seems to me the 1984 Wranglers went an entire season in their white jerseys because their red ones never came in.

I smell a conspiracy.

Man, what is it with Arizona pro football teams not being able to get red jerseys delivered on time? Seems to me the 1984 Wranglers went an entire season in their white jerseys because their red ones never came in.

I smell a conspiracy.

No. Here's the story on the Wranglers' 1984 Red jerseys:

The Wranglers changed from Blue to Red between 1983 and 1984. Because the USFL front office mandated that each team give a full season's notice before making full jersey color changes (they thought they were going to be around a while), the Wranglers were forced to wear White all season.

I know this, because in 1984, I had a long phone conversation with the Wranglers' GM about this very issue.

There's a lot of speculation about this on the internet, but this is the FINAL WORD.

:P

Archived