Dish Network Dumps OLN

quantum

(1a) As a DISH subscriber, I've never had a problem with them yet.

(1b) As a former DirecTV subscriber, I can honestly say that DISH's customer service is far superior, though the channel selection and on-air guides are inferior and more cumbersome to use.

(2) I couldn't care less if OLN got dropped or not. The lockout/strike screwed me on hockey for good, and I honestly don't give a damn if I ever see another NHL game on television again, on OLN, ESPN, CNN or EIEIO.

(3) Anyone seen any NHL attendance numbers? I wonder if/how much they've dropped.

nav-logo.png

2003-04 Attendance

2005-06 Attendance

You can do the math.

There are several teams up a few hundred to a thousand.

Pittsburgh is down about 5K

Buffalo is down depsite being 4-0-0 at home playing like one the best teams in the East.

Boston, New Jersey, Edmonton, New York Rags are all down from 03-04.

Colorado has the exact same number which is due to, I assume, sellouts.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

2003-04 Attendance

2005-06 Attendance

You can do the math.

There are several teams up a few hundred to a thousand.

Pittsburgh is down about 5K

Buffalo is down depsite being 4-0-0 at home playing like one the best teams in the East.

Boston, New Jersey, Edmonton, New York Rags are all down from 03-04.

Colorado has the exact same number which is due to, I assume, sellouts.

Correction: Pittsburgh is up about 5k (amazing what hype can do)

NHL on OLN sucks. Maybe now it has a chance to go back to ESPN someday.

OLN's new to the professional sports broadcasts. Give them a chance. I don't like them much either, but I'm not expecting perfection. I'm sure ESPN wasn't that great when it started either.

For as much as people bitch about ESPN on this board, you'd expect to see some more cheerleading for OLN. It would be great to have a second viable sports network to give ESPN some competition.

I heard that OLN took down the message boards on their website after getting hammered with complaints after Monday's Detroit-Columbus game. You would think by now that they realize that they rapidly are losing viewership and should take into suggestion some of the comments that fans are making.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Archived