Nashville Knights Concept

bigreid07

The Nashville Knights were an ECHL Hockey team back in the 80's and 90's in Nashville, TN. I always loved their logo, so I rebuilt it from scratch. I also made some new jerseys for hockey, as well as baseball.

KnightsOrangeCopy.jpg

KnightsBluecopy.jpg

KnightsWhitecopy.jpg

LogoSheetcopy.jpg

3rdcopy.jpg

Homecopy.jpg

Roadcopy.jpg

I appologize if they end up coming through large.

The hockey logo is sweet. I'm not as much of a fan of the baseball one because it looks like a hockey mask. The uniforms are a bit busy. I don't have specific suggestions but I say simplify the jerseys. Good work overall.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Wow, this brings back memories of going to their games at Municipal Auditorium....

I like them, but the only thing I saw on the baseball jersey was the design on the bottom; since baseball jerseys are usually tucked in. The design will be hidden.

I saw the Knights play several times in the 80's and 90's. For those looking for a basis of comparison, thier actual game uniforms could best be described as an Edmonton Oilers template with the hockey mask logo that is shown in the work here. I thought they were pretty classy for minor league jerseys.

One thing I remember about their jerseys is that they were the first hockey team I ever saw that used the satiny "dazzle" fabric. Quite a bit of it actually. The white fabric was traditional fabric, but the blue and orange fabric was the dazzle fabric.

As for your concept, in spite of my traditional leanings I like them! As one that prefers simplification I might get rid of the gray on the chest and the two extra "tiger stripes on the shoulder/sleeve, however having said that, I like them quite a bit. Thanks a lot for your efforts. !

BroncosSig.jpg

I never thought old Knights fans would be on this board!!!

Weren't games at Municipal awesome? GOD I miss those days. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Preds---but there's just something about the nostalgia of the Knights and being a kid playing hockey in the old hallways of the Auditorium!

The old Knights uni's were VERY classy. I still have my old Blue one (eventhough I couldn't fit it over one arm since I was a little kid back then)

------------

Lowey-Yeah, after I did the baseball jersey, I realized the bottoms would be tucked in, but i thought they look cool so I kept em on.

Mark-I agree the hockey jersey's are a little busy...I envisioned the silvery part as being a breathable material (liek the dark area under the sleeves of the Preds 3rd jersey).

-

I SO wish someone would use that Mask logo today. I always said that if I win the lottery, I will start up a team and will use that identity!

Hey bigreid07 are you from Nashville too??

Cause i've been to a few Nashville Knights games too,the National Athem was an event all in itself.whenever the person the sing the words"Gave proof through the.... the crowd screams KNIGHTS.That was one of the coolest things about going to them games.I have a question,what the name of the font that you used for the "KNIGHTS" wordmark? And as far as the concept goes you got the right idea,but it just is that white underarm pits and the darks and the orage ones on the whites throws everything off.

I thought I replied to this yesterday, but apparently it didn't work.

The font I used is "Batman Alternative". I THINK I DLed it from 1001fonts.com

Yes, I am from Nashville. I grew up at the Knights and Sounds games (I saw your Sounds avartar). Did you hear they're so close to officially getting their new stadium?

I thought I replied to this yesterday, but apparently it didn't work.

The font I used is "Batman Alternative". I THINK I DLed it from 1001fonts.com

Yes, I am from Nashville. I grew up at the Knights and Sounds games (I saw your Sounds avartar). Did you hear they're so close to officially getting their new stadium?

Yes i did bro,i wanted to post it in the general sports section but it still need to be voted on by the Metro Council to make it a done deal,so I'm not trying to jinx it :D .

Archived