Carolina Hurricanes alternate concept

dgnmrwrw

Nothing too special here. Just an idea for a Canes third that I've been contemplating for a while. No black jersey, and I would want it to be worn with the normal red pants and helmet.

C+C very much welcome.

Carolinaalt.gif

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I was trying to capture the curved nature of the primary logo and the angular, "pointy" nature of the alternate logo.

But you guys are right, it does resemble the Sabres' third jersey. I'll try to tweak it.

Overall, I like it a lot. And bonus points for not caving in and doing the expected by adding a black alt.

A couple of things, though:

1. As was mentioned on Cole's NHL redesign, the 'Canes flag-on-a-stick logo is graphically incorrect. If you're using warning flags to signal the approach of a hurricane, it should be 2 of those red square flags with the black squares in the middle. Their logo is the flag signal for tropical storm. See Tulsa and Miami for NCAA examples of the proper way to use the flags. You could correct this wrong for your own crest here, as this logo is better than the 'Canes present primary.

2. Not crazy about red from head to toe, as it is in their current look. What about socks that are either white-dominant or black-dominant?

Otherwise, super-sharp.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Overall, I like it a lot. And bonus points for not caving in and doing the expected by adding a black alt.

1. As was mentioned on Cole's NHL redesign, the 'Canes flag-on-a-stick logo is graphically incorrect. If you're using warning flags to signal the approach of a hurricane, it should be 2 of those red square flags with the black squares in the middle. Their logo is the flag signal for tropical storm. See Tulsa and Miami for NCAA examples of the proper way to use the flags. You could correct this wrong for your own crest here, as this logo is better than the 'Canes present primary.

2. Not crazy about red from head to toe, as it is in their current look. What about socks that are either white-dominant or black-dominant?

Otherwise, super-sharp.

When the Hurricanes first unveiled their uniforms, they went for the one flag on a stick rather than two on a stick (which would have been correct), however, they said the one flag would have been a cleaner look.

Wonder what the two flags on a stick would be like?

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Overall, I like it a lot.  And bonus points for not caving in and doing the expected by adding a black alt.

1. As was mentioned on Cole's NHL redesign, the 'Canes flag-on-a-stick logo is graphically incorrect.  If you're using warning flags to signal the approach of a hurricane, it should be 2 of those red square flags with the black squares in the middle.  Their logo is the flag signal for tropical storm.  See Tulsa and Miami for NCAA examples of the proper way to use the flags.  You could correct this wrong for your own crest here, as this logo is better than the 'Canes present primary.

2. Not crazy about red from head to toe, as it is in their current look.  What about socks that are either white-dominant or black-dominant?

Otherwise, super-sharp.

When the Hurricanes first unveiled their uniforms, they went for the one flag on a stick rather than two on a stick (which would have been correct), however, they said the one flag would have been a cleaner look.

Wonder what the two flags on a stick would be like?

This is, essentially, why I went with the current logo. I understand that it is technically incorrect, but in my opinion, the single flag looks much better over the Triangle (for Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill) than the two flags do.

But this could easily be changed.

Nice jersey, very sharp looking.

Oh, the other flag blew away during the hurricane...

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'd curve the tops of the white and grey parts to match the red on the sleeves... just doesn't look right not following the curve.

The reason I did it this way was to have the black sections invoke the swooping curves of the primary logo, and let the white and gray invoke the pointed nature of the secondary logo.

But it might not be working. Update to come.

Archived