Tampa Bay Lightning Logo concept

Drezz

Hi there - I have been more of a lurker around here, and I hang out regularly with Cole over at DMHN. I've decided to bring out a few concepts to show the community to see if they are of any worth.

I've always found Tampa Bay's logo to be poorly designed, so I wanted to see if I could do something better myself.

Here's the latest iteration:

TB.jpg

What do you guys think? I also have a concept for Columbus that I'm trying to flesh out as well.

Sweet addition to my teams nearly blah logo.How about spicing it up with lightning striking the TB and chips of it falling off LOL

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

like the colour combo on numbre 3.

I agree here with numbre 3. This is a very dynamic logo waaaaay much more interesting than the real one.

The only thing thought, maybe it's just me but the letter T in TB is kinda hard to spot...

Other than that, I really like it... Good job!

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

If I had to choose, I'd choose #1 or #4....

BUT, something about it just doesnt strike me, for lack of a better term. I've LONG been a supporter of the idea of the Lighting to change their jerseys. However, I dont think a wholesale change is needed.

I think the Lightning bolt can stand on it's own JUST FINE, without any "tampa bays" or "TBs" or "lightnings".

Now, the problem is finding a suitable lightning bolt.

SigReflect.png

howdy, drezzubus :)

i really like this logo. 2 and 3 especially... although i don't know if i'd like it as a primary crest... as a shoulder logo, however, it could be one of the best in the league.

TB.jpg

VERY cool concept... this will be great when it's done.

first thing... definitely the "T" and B need to be more distinguished... so, I'd say shrink the 2nd (lower) jag on the "T"

2) try using all negative space for the lightning bolt, at least so that the top and bottom are "open" or just thin the blue inside of it... + lighten the light blue highlighting a bit...

3) not sure about what to do w/ the "holes" for the "B"... as I think that they look a bit awkward , or distracting as the same color next to the jagged straight edge of the bolt... possibly make them more jaggy / incorporated w/ the lightning... maybe not... and slightly increase the "cut" in the middle right of the "B".

4) try skewing / slanting the letters to the RIGHT ... I think that would look or "feel" better... as most logos do go to the right.

Actually I agree with almost all those ideas P.I.L.L. has suggested. It's a super idea, but it needs a little refinement.

While it's cool to make the T jaggedy--the B isn't, so why not take that one middle jag right out of the T. I also agree with experimenting with the bolt being more negative space--I think you could work out something really clever there.

Good stuff though!

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Archived