Bengals uni's: why the hate

floydnimrod

I hate them for various reasons. 1. They are too cluttered. 2. The white ones have the unneccary yoke. 3. The orange and black ones have the white under the arms and it doesn't "flow" like it's supposed to into the orange stripes on the pants. 4. They have a B instead of the small wordmark 5. They think it's OK to wear black socks with the black pants. 6. Overall it's just too cluttered. Their last set had small stripes that contained the tiger stripes. This set makes it like they want the whole uni to be a big tiger.

KISSwall09.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't mind the "B" lettermark but the running tiger needs to be shot and buried and never used for anything, IMO.

Except, of course, that the Bengal head and "running tiger" are approximately five billion times better looking than the "B." (Not that the "B" is ugly, it's just unimaginitive in comparison.)

I'm going to have to full agree with JQK on this one (yes, that's an omen--the end of the world is inching closer). The set that these monstrosities replaced was a great identity, which makes it that much worse that they were replaced by something this... piecemeal. It all looks very thrown-togheter, with no real unity across the set. True eyesores.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

More Peter King:

NOW FOR THE IMPORTANT QUERY OF THE WEEK. From Jeremiah Lacsamana of San Francisco: "Which do you think would win in a three-way death match? Denver's orange crush jerseys? Cincy's trick-or-treat costumes? Or Tampa's classic creamsicles? I personally think Tampa's old uniforms blow the others away.''

The old Bucs uniforms were just ugly and bush league. They looked like something you'd find in a California junior college game or uniforms that were donated by the local Chamber of Commerce because they could get 'em cheap. The Bengals? Those things are a monstrosity. When you go to games, you really notice them. A couple of weeks ago, before the game against Pittsburgh in Cincinnati, I saw some people who must live respectable lives walking around in those orange pajama-ey things, and I wondered: Don't those people vomit when they see themselves in the mirror?

Archived